Farming in Canberra?

LIGGIE

Is Canberra only urban or are there any farming activities in the rural areas?

Liggie

There is farming in Canberra, mainly towards Hall area. Also if you drive down Hindmarsh drive from Woden towards Fyshwick you will pass a large Olive farm on your right.

I have not seen much acerage in the ACT for large scale farming . Cramer i think is referring to the Mugga Way area, there are olive and vineyards around there as well as horse riding schools. Pialligo and Hall are areas with smallish plots - people raise llamas , apple orchards and nurserys etc

Canberra is surrounded by NSW areas like Bungendore and Murrambateman - about an hour out in each direction, you will find acreage - vineyards, olive groves, stud farms, sheep and cows etc. The roads are good and there are alot of people who drive 1 hour or more to Canberra each day.

No Worries, to add to what Lynn said, Bungendore and Murrambateman are a lot closer than an hour depending of course which side of Canberra you live. But you dont have to drive far out of Canberra, places like Bywong and Sutton along the federal highway are about 15 minutes from the Canberra Centre, Depending on the traffic

Definitely farming going on in the areas surrounding Canberra. My son is marrying an Aussie girl - the daughter of a sheep farmer about an hour's drive from Canberra :ilikeit:

• Like 2

Great! My hubby & kiddies are into farming aswell . . . Hopefully my daughters will catch themselves a farmer or two aswell . . . ;)

Definitely farming going on in the areas surrounding Canberra. My son is marrying an Aussie girl - the daughter of a sheep farmer about an hour's drive from Canberra :ilikeit:

Baaaah! :whome: