Skills Recognition Authority

ShaunRoth101

Good day All

I have really been thinking to immigrate for a while now and i guess something sparked it all again.

Thinking about my future and being able to make it with the qualification that i have i believe that the move will benifit me in so many ways. I have a Degree in Urban and regional planning therefore listing me on the Skilled Occupation list of Australia. I would therefore want to apply for the Skilled - Indipendant (Migrant)175 visa (So that I have more rights ext) and see if when i move there I can get a job in the relevant position relating to my degree as i have been battling to get a job in this field in SA due to the BEE status here.

To start off i will be needing the Authority (Body) in Aus that will assess my degree if someone can please help me with this one as when i have this ready i can start applying for my visa.

Best wishes

Shaun

I managed to do some further research and found the relevant Authority to assess my Degree.

Below is an extract should anyone else need it:

Vocational Education and Training Assessment Services (VETASSESS)

Address:

Qualifications Assessment Unit

Level 4

478 Albert Street

East Melbourne Vic. 3002

VETASSESS

GPO Box 2752

Melbourne Vic. 3001

Australia

Email:

vetassess@vetassess.com.au

VETASSESS

Hey Shaun

You also need to be aware that there are some major changes coming up on 1 July 2012. Here is some midnight reading for you. SkillsSelect. Welcome and good luck with the journey.

Thanks for this information.

So does this mean that the 175 visa will basically be substituted for the 189 and 190 visa?

Therefore applying through the skill select and then getting an invitation to apply for the various visas.

Thanks for this information.

So does this mean that the 175 visa will basically be substituted for the 189 and 190 visa?

Therefore applying through the skill select and then getting an invitation to apply for the various visas.

Something like that. Our agents told us today that they will be able to give us more information after 5 June 2012 as this is when DIAC plan on releasing more information about the SkillsSelect programme. First you will need to submit an EOI (Expression of Interest), which is free, on the SkillsSelect site, before doing that you will need to get a skills assessment done and write the IELTS or provide other proof of your English abilities. From what I understand the 175 is being replaced by the 189 and the 176SS by the 190 visas and will work pretty much in the same way except for the fact that you will need to wait for either an invitation from the Australian Government or a sponsorship by a state or employer before you can actually apply for a visa.

Ok thanx i gathered so much from that as i see the 189 will give you just as much rights as a 175. I think this is a brilliant way for Australia to select skills that are neccesarry to their country. I will apply through skills select for a EOI first and await their response to invite me for application stage.

This information has helped me tremendously to assist me in selecting the right Visa.

Thanks

It's a pleasure, good luck and I hope things work out for you the way you want them to.

Archived