Just Joined

JellyTots

Hi Everyone

After following the forum for a short while, I am a newbie and looking forward to our new life in Aus.

My husband’s sister moved to Perth almost 5 years ago and they love living there. She has always hinted that we should join them and encouraged us to move, but although we had thought about it, we never really seriously considered it.

Last year June, they came to visit, as well as a school friend of my daughter, (who’s family had moved a year before) and it was like a switch was flipped; we just knew that we wanted to go.

I was born in Aus (my family came back to SA when I was 2 months old) and therefore have citizenship, but have never “seen” my country of birth. We applied for Citizenship for our children, which was granted in 10 days and their passports quickly followed. We applied for my husband’s spousal visa in Dec 2011 and that was granted in March 2012. Our intention is to move to Perth in December 2012.

We have a daughter (12) and a son (9), live in Port Elizabeth and we are all going through a rollercoaster of emotions, but hey those rides are supposed to be fun, aren’t they?

Looking forward to future chats and reading more on the forum and hopefully contribute something as well.

Have a great day everyone.

J

Welcome to the Forum. I am also a newbie... joined long time ago, but only recently started being active on the forum.

Good luck with your plans - I understand the rollercoaster emotions! We will be moving to Sydney in Dec 2012 or very early in Jan 2012.

Welcome and enjoy the ride. You already sound so organised!

Welcome JellyTots.

We are also from PE and are moving to Melbourne in August....super excited! :)

Good luck with all the decisions that lie ahead of you...it's a rollercoaster ride of note, but in my opinion, worth it! :ilikeit:

Hi there JellyTots

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the ride. Just remember you can visit this place any time you want to. :ilikeit:

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I look forward to chatting with everyone in the future.

Sharon looks can be deceiving :D or should I say words can be deceiving. Right now I feel like I am living in organised chaos, but it only adds to the adventure and excitement!!

This is going to be one heck of a ride this year, but is going to be worth it!!

Hi and welcome !!! What a special occasion to return to your country of birth, wow.

Enjoy the roller coaster ... :ilikeit:

Welcome Jellytots,

I understand the emotions, but think of it like a "coming home". Maybe this is where you are suppose to be ?? Just went the long way around like my family did many years ago and had other experiences along the way.

And good news, you can get jellytots here !

Welcome to the Forum!

In a way I do feel like I am going home! Ha ha, as I was informed by the Australian Consulate, you are NOT immigrating, you are going home!

Archived