Jhb Get Together - 2 June 2012

miraclebabycaw

Hi guys

We are trying to organise a get together for anyone in and around Jhb that wants to get together. Between a couple of us it has been decided 2 June 2012 at 11 at "the white house" in the South of Jhb. Anyone else interested pease PM me or pst a note here and I will forward directions/address/GPS co-ordinates.

Look forward to meeting up with some more people soon!!!

• Like 1

Hi guys thats sounds awesome, would love to meet up with some South Africans - keep us posted.

Sam & Terry Jones

Wellington Point QLD BRISBANE

• 2 weeks later...

ok Confirmed, 2nd June at 11 at my house in the south of Jhb. Anyone else still want to join in, please let me know immediately and I will send address. Look forward to meeting people

Hi John & Shona

Thank you very much for the Jhb get together you arranged - had a fantastic time.

Thanks for taking the initiative.

Thanks also to the others people who attended - was nice meeting you all.

Regards,

Basil & Liezl

awwwww thanks Basil and Liezl. Was great meeting you guys as well. Nice to meet people that are all in the same boat and with the same fears and expectations. Please keep in touch. We have other friends in Melbourne so will be nice to "visit" when we get over and can make it down your way. Melbourne is only 6 hours from Adelaide so a trip to Durban and back LOL. Our house is going on the market tonight so hopefully we will be sitting where you are soon.

Will definately stay in touch....good luck with the sale of your house - hope the right person comes along real quick!

Sorry only found this section know, if I knew I would have joined for the braai

We will have to have another one soon.. was really great to chat to other like minded people and compare notes. Maybe in Sept as it starts warming up a bit...we are leaving December..

I'm also leaving in December... Perth bound. So scary but also exciting :)

• Like 1

miraclebabycaw that would be nice, we also missed it.

Aaaaawe Im sorry I missed out too :-( Seeya at next meetup, maybe on Aussie soil :-)

• 1 month later...

Gosh, pity I missed this date. I'm just a newie to this blog forum. Pretty excited by the amount of activity, yet also surprised to see how many people are leaving SA. Quite a thing really. It is what it is. My process has just started...

Would love to join any forums made up of South African's leaving, or considering leaving for Australia. I have a business there already so I know it well, but yet the idea of moving permanently is a combination of joy, relief and anxiety of leaving family behind.

Cheers, Jan

• Like 1

Hi Jan and welcome. This is an swesome forum. A bit slower than it used to be but still a lot going on. It's great to make friends with some great people also going over/already gone over to Oz. You won't be sorry you joined. There is a wealth of information.

We are definitely going to have another get together for Joburgers..probably around end Sept beginning october or so..as it starts getting a bit warmer. I will let everyone know in plenty of time. We I think need a nice kiddie friendly venue like a good Spur or something else somewhere "inbetween", so any ideas, let me know as well.

look forward to "meeting" you as well...

Shona