PHP Developer looking for job/sponsorship in AUS

clschalkwyk

Hello,

I have been working in the IT field for 10 years now, mostly working with PHP and MySql on web based solutions.

Recently achieved a Java certification, SCJP, in Jan 2012.

I'm looking for opportunities in Aus, nowhere specific yet, just trying to get a sort list of places that would be interested.

CV / Resume available on request: clschalkwyk@gmail.com

My technology list includes, but not limited to:

Linux

Windows

Mysql

Oracle

PHP

XHTL/HTML

XML

JSON

JavaScript

CSS

Java

Python

Android

Sql

Ragards,

Wikus

I'm looking for opportunities in Aus, nowhere specific yet, just trying to get a sort list of places that would be interested.

First up, I don't know of a job. But I would recommend you just apply for a skilled visa!

Lets be honest, moving overseas is very hard. If you don't sacrifice a lot to get there, your chances is sticking it out once you get there are greatly diminished. That's why companies hire people in this order

1st Prize -> Citizen (born in Aus or Not)

2nd Prize -> Resident (based in Aus)

3rd Prize -> Resident (based overseas)

4th Prize -> Non-Resident (needs a visa)

To take a Non-Resident, a company must be properly registered (regular costs involved) or be small enough to avoid registering. That's why they will almost always take a Steve Balmer over a Linus Torvlads ,if Steve is a resident living in Aus.

There are many, many posts here of people who had a visa, but couldn't get jobs until they landed in Australia. Add to that visa's for IT people are fast tracked and easy to get. BUT, you pay the costs.

So, if you are serious about emigration, my advice is this. Take an Look-See-Decide trip to Melbourne and Sydney (the big IT centers); Then apply for a visa (from RSA) and move across.Then look for a job. All of that will cost at least R100 000.

• Like 1

Thanks!

Some good pointers here. I will have to get a bigger piggy bank if I wish to get to the other side of the pond.

I could swim... but hell that's a long way to go!