ANYBODY FROM P.E?

KevB

Hi everyone

We are new to the forum, and I see that most of the posts in this PE section are quite old.

Are there any people from PE currently planning to head to Aus?

If so, where in the process are you?

Would be good to hear if there are others out there in a similar situation.

Take care

Kevin

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the forum. We are from P.E., however, we are already in Perth (since one and a half years). If there is anything you want to know or need help with, let me know. Good luck with everything.

Cheers, Tanja

Edited by Chocaholic

Hi Kevin - sitting in PE waiting for our 457 to be approved and then we are on our way .. hopefully in the next few weeks.

Greetings KevB!

We are from PE and are eagerly awaiting our visa grant. We are thinking of making the move at the beginning of 2013.

Shout if you need any help.

Regards,

Heine

Hi there

We are from PE...heading out to Melbourne on 7 August on a 175 Skilled Migrant visa.

Super excited!! House is sold and we are currently squatting with my parents...LOL...

Where are you looking to head to once your visa has been granted?

How far are you in the process? :)

Have a gr8 day!!

Hi KevinB,

We are also from PE and waiting for 457 visa to be granted...heading for Cairns...

We're from PE - just been allocated our c/o for a 175 visa. In the process of getting our medical and pcc. Haven't quite decided when or where in Oz we're going though!

Hi

Also still in PE waiting patiently for a review of part of my Skills assessment! Was told it was successful but when received thay are not recognising 4 years of my experience. They say is is "not related". I wont mention what i think, anyway, hoping someone at Vetassess wakes up and smells the coffee!

Have a happy weekend all. Going to be a cold and wet one in pe!

Hi Kevin

We are from PE, I am an Australian Citizen (by birth) and my husband was granted his spousal visa in March '12. We are plannning to leave for Perth in December '12.

Hi fellow PE people

I am from the friendly city too. Have been overseas 6 years, 2 of which in Oz. All the best, all good things happen in good time. Have a look at Dizzy D shop in King's Court, Walmer - they sell the new magazine Merise for SA's living in OZ, NZ and anywhere. You will get so much info to help with the process. You can also subscribe by sending an email to info@merisemedia.com.au Subscribe from anywhere in the world.

• Like 1

Hi All PE and Adelaide friends!

Our visa was granted today!!! What an unreal feeling. Sjoe, after 4 years, eventually.............so there are hope for all the others that has been waiting long and patient!! We live in Port Elizabeth, and if there are any other PE people that would like to make contact with Johan and myself to chat about their process or even maybe planning to apply for their visa, you are more that welcome to contact us. :ilikeit:

• Like 4

457 approved, tickets booked, flying on Sunday - yay. Start of a brand new adventure.

• Like 4

Hi All

I am from PE.....and still in PE. Well done on the move and all the best to those about to move! :ilikeit:

I wll post more details soon. Vetassess are giving me a run for my money at the moment so sense of humour levels are not very high at present. :boxing:

Bye for now

Wendy

• Like 1

Hi Kevin,

Yip we are from PE. Living in Melbourne for 4 years and 5 months.

Good luck. If you are coming to Melbourne ... let us know. nything you need assistance with.

Kind regards.

Olie

We are from PE as well. Living in Sydney for the past 3.5 years. Busy applying for PR as we have been here on a 457 until now.

Hi Kevin

Let's get together for a chat some time. Our Visa came through in the week, 2 days later all our furniture was sold, house in market, looks like somebody might be taking the yacht.....tickets are bought, departure date for Johan and myself is 3 September. 2 Kiddo's are staying with oupa to finish matric!!

All has been a little overwhelming, especially at the speed that all has been happening since our visa was granted.

Please contact us, my cell is 0788933759

Hi everyone from PE, that is still in PE, ones leaving soon or still waiting for Visa grants......................

Let's get together one Saturday afternoon, our visa was granted in the week (22 may) and we are flying out on 3 September for Adelaide.

My telephone number is: 0788933759

HI all I am from PE but living in Perth for the last 3 yrs and loving it.

I will be home in July for 3 weeks. If anyone wants to meet up to chat about Aus or Perth in particular then PM me and we can make arrangements.

Ciao for now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

At this rate PE is going to be empty soon! :rolleyes:

We were in PE and moved to Jozi the beginning of the year ... and now off to Melbourne end of the month.

Olie,

Will send a msg as we definitely would like to chat about Melbourne!

LOL!! It does seem so. :) We are leaving in leave than 2mths and are super excited!

Keith...where in Melbourne are you looking to settle? We are still trying to decide where in Melbourne we are going to settle...soooo many decisions. sjew..

Hi everyone

Thanks for all the replies, it is certainly good to know that there are many others from similar backgrounds all in the same boat!

Well, to our great surprise, just 3 weeks after lodging our Visa application, we were allocated a Case Officer last week....! Fantastic news, so now its time to get the PCC and Medicals done.... everything happening quite a bit quicker than planned...!

What a journey....!

Cheers!

Hi there

We are from PE...heading out to Melbourne on 7 August on a 175 Skilled Migrant visa.

Super excited!! House is sold and we are currently squatting with my parents...LOL...

Where are you looking to head to once your visa has been granted?

How far are you in the process? :)

Have a gr8 day!!

Hi Janine, we are also heading to Melbourne area, not sure exactly where just yet. We were allocated a CO last week. Would love to stay in touch through the process. Do you have job(s) yet, or searching when you arrive?

Cheers for now.

Kevin

Keith...where in Melbourne are you looking to settle? We are still trying to decide where in Melbourne we are going to settle...soooo many decisions. sjew..

Hi Janine

We are also still trying to decide. I am hoping to Skype with another forum member in the week just to get some clarity. The company I am going to work for has given me some pointers but some areas are a little pricey. I like Point Cook but it would seem that it is not a suburb of choice due to its proximity to the CBD (from what I understand, (reading through the lines) public transport out that way is not as good as in the east)

Once we have chatted I will let you know

Cheers

Keith

Hi Janine, Kev, Keith - why have you chosen Melbourne?? We're trying to make this decision, but everything points to WA. Is it work related? I've lived in PE most of my life, so Perth seems an obvious choice, but Melbourne really appeals, as does Sydney.

Hi Janine, Kev, Keith - why have you chosen Melbourne?? We're trying to make this decision, but everything points to WA. Is it work related? I've lived in PE most of my life, so Perth seems an obvious choice, but Melbourne really appeals, as does Sydney.

Hi there

There were a few things that we looked at when deciding..

1. Work opportunities

2. Weather closest to PE type weather

3. Opportunity to move to other nearby towns etc should Melbourne itself not be for us

We used the above to help us decide.

There are many South Africans who will tell you that Melbourne is just not for them, and that Perth is the better option. That is fine...and each person has a different opinion.

In our case, work opportunities were part of the driving factor. My hubby will be joining the Aus Police, and there is a lot more room to move about in Melbourne than in Perth etc. Sydney also seems great, but from what i have been told, it is very expensive. We are looking for a laid back type environment, similar to PE, and it seems that Perth or Melbourne offer that.

The best is to chat to people from both area and look at all the factors that are important to you.

An ex-colleague of mine moved from PE to Geelong (just outside Melbourne) and was unhappy there. She eventually moved to Perth and is loving it. Each person is different. We are quite keen on Melbourne and cannot wait to get there :)

Hope this helps you a little :)

Good luck! Keep us posted.

• Like 1