Greetings from WA!

SafferBlue

Hi, everyone

I have joined the forum in the hope of being able to contribute to the advice being given to all the good people out there in the process of immigrating to Australia.

My wife and I landed Down Under as permanent residents in early 2007 and have been living in Bunbury, Western Australia ever since. I grew up in Cape Town but spent quite a few years working in a few different towns in the Transvaal which I really enjoyed (especially seeing as that's where I met my missus!).

The process of preparing, submitting and tracking our PR application was filled with uncertainty, doubt and apprehension as well as excitement and hope for a better future. In the end we got our visas and here we are today.

Australia is a wonderful country and I can honestly say that we have found true happiness here. We were super positive about everything from day one, but it still took us a few years to settle down and truly feel at home and 'at one with out surroundings'.

Australia certainly is not perfect but it is one of the few countries in the world that is stable, prosperous, has a government that cares about its citizens and services that are actually efficient.

The hard and stressful immigration process is absolutely worth it, as I'm sure everyone on this forum already knows or will soon discover for themselves!

Cheers,

Saffer Blue

Hi Saffer Blue

Thank you for offering to contribute to the forum and share your experiences.

Do you have any knowledge of the mining industry and /or availability of sporsored jobs for electricians?

Regards

D

Welcome :)

You described Australia perfectly. It's one of the few (perhaps the only) country like that... and I can only see it getting better there.

May I ask what industries you guys work in?

@Deanne

Hi, Deanne.

Unfortunately I don't personally know of any companies actively recruiting through visa sponsorship at the moment. I would recommend looking on seek.com.au (if you haven't already) as well as on some of the bigger mining groups' websites (Rio Tinto, BHP, Alcoa, etc).

There are lots of mining/ resources projects at the moment and there are many opportunities with some of the smaller mining companies also.

What I can say with certainty is that electricians are highly sought after here (in WA at least, and probably all over Ozz) so anyone who is a qualified sparky would find a job fairly quickly once landed.

Once you have documents from the TRA saying that your electrical trade qualification is recognised in Ozz it should be easier to find sponsorship and companies may be a lot more interested in sponsoring you.

Good luck!

@ Donovan83

Thanks for your message; I also reckon it will get even better here! I am in the metallurgical processing industry and my wife does admin/ accounts.

Cheers,

Saffer Blue

Welcome to the forum. I am sure there will be many questions thrown your way.

Archived