perth skyline - april 2012

Emille

after 500 attempts to reduce photo size this is the only one I can load thats 'not oversized'- very frustrating - are (relatively) large photos really such a problem to this forum considering very few people ever post photos???????

post-10678-0-34476200-1335539155_thumb.j

Edited by Emille
  • Like 2

Nice photo :)

By the way - use Tinypic (google it) and attach the images. Thats what I did when I posted photos.

after 500 attempts to reduce photo size this is the only one I can load thats 'not oversized'- very frustrating - are (relatively) large photos really such a problem to this forum considering very few people ever post photos???????

Unfortunately yes. We pay for a package that allows us X amount of bandwidth. With us approaching 300 000 posts we had to upgrade our package just last month to a higher package because we had used up our allowance.

What we would ask members to do is to post to a third party site who hosts pictures for free such as photobucket or flikr etc and then to embed the image into their posts. :D

Unfortunately yes. We pay for a package that allows us X amount of bandwidth. With us approaching 300 000 posts we had to upgrade our package just last month to a higher package because we had used up our allowance.

What we would ask members to do is to post to a third party site who hosts pictures for free such as photobucket or flikr etc and then to embed the image into their posts. :D

thanks donovan and jordy - i will try the 'photobucket' or tinypick

Jordy - as a matter of interest, do you have the stats available for activity on this forum since it started? It would be very interesting (but completely predictable) to have a look at a graph of how active the forum was over the last few years (e.g., new registrations, number of new topics, replies, etc).

Yes we have access to the stats. Unfortunately there is no quick export function from where I view them and I dont have time today to do it the long route so just quickly:

2008 was the height of emigration with up to 600 new members joining monthly.

It began slowing down 2009 with 2010 being very low averaging 50-60 new members a month.

End 2011 it began increasing again

2012 has seen a major increase with 3-4 fold increase on new members averaging about 140-150 new members a month Still about a quarter of the height of 2008

We have almost 10000 members and the number of posts averages about 2000 a month (6000-10 000 in 2008). My opinion is that the shear volume of knowledge now stored on our forum means people are searching for info in past posts rather than asking new questions.

• Like 1