Nikita93

Hi guys

Wow what an awesome forum this is. Hubby and I (we have an 8yr old daughter) decided we are sick of this country, sick of tales of woe involving crime and let's not forget government corruption. We want a better future for ourselves and our daughter. We made the decision 4 months ago to immigrate to Australia and we are really excited about our future.

We live in West Coast area and would love to hook up with anyone on this forum in the area (or out of).

We going on hubby's skills (IT engineer - Genesys) which is on the skills shortage list. We will need to be in Victoria for first two years and we plan staying in Melbourne for that time, obviously depending on whatever job he/we get. I am an accountant by trade (not qualified) so I hope to find work there too.

He has passed his IELTS test and our immigration consultant (Migrate Australia) is about to put in our application to ACS where he thinks we should have a positive outcome. We will be selling our house and all our possessions and starting fresh on the other side. I'm not under the illusion that everything is going to be easy - I am realistic and I know that it will take a while to settle down and get comfortable again, but we are optimistic and ready to work hard to achieve the best we can. We have no clue, from a time point of view, how long or quick things can take after the ACS approval (holding thumbs). I guess then it's just the medical and criminal checks? I am going to spend most of tonight reading as much as I can on this forum to get all the info.

Thanks for reading this and we hope to make some new friends here (and hopefully take with!)

Cam

Welcome Cam. It is a big exciting and nerve racking decision and I wish you well. I live in Brisbane not Melbourne but if you have any general Australia type questions fire away...

Hi Cam,

Welcome! We are also initially from the West Coast (Langebaan) and also plan to go to Victoria. We are awaiting our IELTS results so we can lodge our application next month. Good luck!

Hi Cam

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on the big decision and good luck with journey. The amount of time it will take for you to get the visa will all depend on the visa you apply for. 175 and 176 take longer than say the 457. This will be a tough and potentially long journey, all I can say is stick it out and keep that "will do anything" attitude and you will go far. :ilikeit:

Hi Cam

Welcome en Welkom.

May this place fill you with answers and shed light where there is darkness.

May the stress be as low as your salary and your exitement be as high as the tax.

:ilikeit:

Hi, Good luck, it is an experience of note :D

My Wife and i are in Melbourne and have been here for a few months now, we got in on a 457 based on my IT skills and did the full sell up and restart on this side so drop me a message if you have any questions, we have just been through the same process

Nev

Welcome Cam. Hope you have a smooth journey to Aus!

Welcome and all the best. It definately is an exciting adventure and absolutely worth while.

Good luck :-)

Welcome Cam, you have found the best place for all things regarding your move to Australia.

Can be stressful in the early stages, but once you have settled - really worth it.

All the best,

Welcome, we live in the Cape Town area. Planning on moving, however saving up at this time, but if you want to chat or anything, more than welcome to contact me.

Wishing you a speedy journey to the finish line!

Archived