Two month accommodation required

DebbieB

I am posting this on behalf of my brother and his family.

He and his wife are originally from Cape Town and have been living in Auckland, New Zealand for the past two years.

He has just been offered a position in Perth. Based in the CBD. They are in need on furnished accommodation for about 2 months whilst they wait for their container to arrive. From about 11 May.

It is himself, his wife and two year old little boy.

Perhaps their is a house sit opportunity.

Any advise would also be appreciated with regard to settling in Perth. They have not been there before.

Thanks

Debbie

House sitting without an Australian Police clearance is difficult unless its someone you know. I hope he finds something

I am posting this on behalf of my brother and his family.

He and his wife are originally from Cape Town and have been living in Auckland, New Zealand for the past two years.

He has just been offered a position in Perth. Based in the CBD. They are in need on furnished accommodation for about 2 months whilst they wait for their container to arrive. From about 11 May.

It is himself, his wife and two year old little boy.

Perhaps their is a house sit opportunity.

Any advise would also be appreciated with regard to settling in Perth. They have not been there before.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Have they had any luck yet? When we moved to Perth, my new employers organised furnished accommodation for us while we looked around for a house, although that was only for a 2 week period. Would your brother's prospective employers consider assisting him ?

Obviously they will need accommodation when they first arrive so perhaps something like a short term apartment may be a good idea for a few weeks at least as it can be expensive.

I know that a company Quest has various blocks and there are other companies wich offer a similar concept. Maybe they could google something like holiday lets - they may find something suitable there.

The other solution would be to just get a rental (which may take a few weeks anyway) and make do with bits and pieces borrowed, bought cheaply etc so when their container does arrive they are not paying for storage of their goods whilst they hunt for a rental unit.

Thanks for advise. I will pass it onto him. I don't think his company can assist with accommodation etc.