DrGeni

Hello forums people

Really want to get out of SA. Diesel mechanic, from SA and want to start working in Aus, all this reading about the new migration act from 1 July 2012 makes me worry. Heard the people in Aus enjoy it so much there. Here in SA there's no more tar roads it's potholes with tar around it.

Send CV around so far. Getting passport updated again. Step 1 & 2 compleat now it's step 3 to 100 to go

Do you guys maybe know how long all this take? Read that some people have been waiting alone time

If you got a job sponsorship it can be very quick i.e. the 457 visa (weeks, months) if it is a PR visa then that takes longer however there is nothing stopping you for having a PR visa in the pipeline and moving over immediately when you receive an employer sponsored visa and so doing your visa wait time in Oz.

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the journey. We have only been at it since January 2012 and we are starting to stress about the looming deadlines.

Thanks fellow forumers

Working for Babcock International Group. Gr8 company to work for. Just sorry they not in Aus.

Welcome to the forum. Probably the best place to start is having your skills assessed. This will speed things up if you find a sponsor and , once you arrive in Aus, will allow you to apply for sponsored PR immediately instead of waiting the 2 years if you didn't have the positive skills assessment.

• 2 weeks later...

All the best! There is plenty of work over here for diesel mechanics. I'm sure you will do great.

Welcome to the forum! Diesel mechanics are high in demand in Australia and you might find it relatively easy to get a sponsor, especially if you're willing to work for one of the mines in Western Australia where there is a high demand for diesel mechanics. Here is a link you might find interesting and helpful to get some sort of idea what is available:

http://jobsearch.careerone.com.au/jobs/?q=Diesel-Mechanic-sponsorship&where=Western-Australia&cy=au

Good luck in the process, hope you find something soon.

Welcome, this is the best move you can make

Hi & welcome

Also don't be put off if you get lots of no's. Not everyone you contact is up to sponsoring and many don't want the risk of employing someone they have never met. So just keep plugging away with those CVs and don't give up. Some people get lucky quickly - other take a while.

Welcome to the forum! We are new too and only just started the process late last year but need to speed things up now. Hubby in IT and I'll go on spousal visa.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Archived