Just starting out

Davey

Wow!

What an amazing little corner of the inter web!

The wife and I made the decision that it was time to move on about 18 months ago. In that time I have been trying to figure out what to do, how to do it etc. The one thing I have been saying for some time was 'if only I could meet some people who have already done this', and then I discovered this site about a month ago.

I spent that month trawling these boards for all those precious nuggets of info you good people have been sharing. Thank you so much for everything you have shared. From the practical stuff to the emotional bits, it really has been a fantastic help.

I am off next month to Wellington and Brisbane to investigate. Had my first Skype interview yesterday morning at 5am, interesting.

I am married to a New Zealander so it makes it a bit easier with the visa application. But the rest seems just as tough.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hello, and thanks for all the advice to those of us 'lurkers'.

Regards,

Dave

Congrats on making the decision to make it happen Dave. It's an exciting feeling to take back control over your destiny. Good luck!

Welcome!

Best of luck on your immigration journey!

Best of luck, it is the best move you can make

WELCOME!!!! :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

We are in Brisbane and LOVING it!!

Good luck with the journey :ilikeit:

Welcome to the forum,

All the best with your plans and good luck with the job interview.

Good luck with your move. Just be aware that the processing of the partner visa is not quick and it does take some time. I'm an Australian, busy with my wife spousal visa. We submitted on 7 Dec 2011 and are still waiting, it can take up to 6 months to just get the visa on the partner visa program.

There is a different visa option also open for NZ http://www.immi.gov.au/migrants/family/461/

They other one hitch might be that your other half has to be granted the special category New Zealand visa prior to you being granted your partner visa, also I would suggest you identify any assuarance of support, private medical insurance requirements as well as this can be rather expensive.

Otherwise, all the best

Good Morning Dave! (Movie Humor) Welcome and good luck

Hi Dave

Welcome to the forum and good luck with the job interviews. This little corner of the web is rather cozy and full of really cool people and information. Congrats as well on making the best decision you could for you and your family's future.

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your immigration journey

Archived