AIR FARE... WHY SO EXPENSIVE?!

Opportunities

Anyone out there know of any special prices on offer for flights from Oz(Adelaide) to Cape Town for December ? Came over last year in December with Malaysia Airlines who has now discontinued the route, at a fraction of the current prices!

Regards

Yea we looking at prices from Melbourne to JHB in October and so far it looks to be $1800 - -2000 round trip each so 4k for my wife and I, hellofa expensive for a 2 week visit if you ask me (Family Wedding)

So also interested if anyone has any tips for getting the prices down

Yea we looking at prices from Melbourne to JHB in October and so far it looks to be $1800 - -2000 round trip each so 4k for my wife and I, hellofa expensive for a 2 week visit if you ask me (Family Wedding)

So also interested if anyone has any tips for getting the prices down

Your's sound so much better than our price! Family of 5 (adults x3, children x2) will set us back about AUD 13 000 - 14 000.

Enjoy the trip, because it costs an arm and a leg!

December is high season, so the rates are higher than travelling upto the 30th November.

If you can travel before the 7th December Virgin/Air Austral/Singapore Airlines and Air Mauritius have fare starting from A$ 1558.00 + Taxes

Otherwise you can be prepared to pay over $2000 + Taxes

Thanks Enrica, will check them out, 1500 bucks sounds a lot better than 2k

Ouch on the family of 5 tho, that is a heck of an outlay just for a trip

Good luck to all out there searching for flights... within their budgets! Enrica, we have to travel after those dates because of school exams, I realize it is not the ideal time, being peak season and all.

• 3 weeks later...

Try Qatar Airlines, it's not a bad airline. We had to use them in an emergency & their price was not bad. It's a bit of a schlep, but worth it if it means a big saving.

• Like 1