Changing Health Insurance on a 457

C&GJBay

I am considering changing our health insurance from IMAN to BUPA.

A few questions -

Am I allowed to do that? Dont see why not as long as it meets the DIAC criteria right??

Is anyone on BUPA that can give me an opinion on them?

IMAN just dropped a few things that were covered when I signed up & increased their fees, I'm looking at paying a few $$ extra a month & getting more coverage from BUPA.

Appreciate any opinions/ thoughts!

Thanks

I don't see any reason why you can't change over to a different scheme. The only thing you'll need to make sure of is that the new cover is also specific to overseas visitors/457 workers.

The requirement is private health cover - it does not matter who it is with. We are with BUPA and they are very good.

We changed our health insurance after six months on a 457 visa without any problems.

We contacted the new health insurance and they arranged everything for us. We did not even notify the old insurance. The new company did all the paperwork.

Good Luck!

Hi, we are on IMAN and also wanted to change because of the fee increases but now I am pregnant and starting to love them. They pay for absolutely everything related to my pregnancy. I want to be sterilised at the en as I have very difficult pregnancies and it is my 3rd, and they even pay for that. Everything is 100% paid in full. They even arranged with my OBs to be billed directly and pay them directly so there is no stress when I need to see her to ease my mind.

Archived