Undercover Newbie

ParkerInc

Hi Guys,

I have actually been browsing these forums for quite a few months now....so undercover newbie, must say this is a fantastic site, loads of useful info and very professional.

We started this journey about 6-7 months ago when I was put in contact with a potential employer in Aussie, went through all the hoops and was successful, they were going to apply for a 457 and we were pretty much set to go....were looking at coming over May/June '12, well the position fell through and things did not quite work out the way we hoped. Must say I was quite gutted, both my wife and I were but we decided that we have started this journey and we are going to finish it. We have always known we were going to immigrate and were considering UK/Canada or Aus.....admittedly we were looking at Canada before Aus but this work opportunity shifted our focus to Aus.

We submitted my skills assessment to the ACS a couple of weeks ago so holding thumbs for that, and did the IELTS a week and a half ago as well.....hoping for 8 in each module. If successfull will apply for a 175. Feels like we have been in the process for ages already and it's only the beginning. Our reasons for doing this, well all the obvious ones, got a beautiful wife and a two year old boy and 5 week old girl and want us all to have a 'fair go' as the aussies say.

Well hello.....look forward to many good conversations on this forum

Cheers,

Shawn

Welcome to the forum Shawn

Good luck with getting results and answers during the process quickly and smoothly.

I found teh forums both useful as well as comforting as we went through the process.

Welcome

Hi Shawn. Welcome and good luck, hoping this time round it all works out!

Hi Shawn and welcome to the forum.

I must say a 175 visa is probably better in the long run than a 457. Permanent residency and all. I told my wife she was crazy when she first signed up on the forum, now look at me addicted to the nth degree. Anyway good luck with the journey and keep the faith, it will work out in the end for the best.

P.S. Unless you like cold weather, Australia is also probably a better choice than Canda (unless there is family involved).

Welcome to the forum, enjoy the journey through all the posts

WELCOME and good luck with the journey - it IS WORTH IT :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

Welcome. Sure your ACS will go smoothly, mine took just over 21 days.

Archived