Moving to Brisbane in 4 weeks.. Recommended suburbs and meet ups

tikkaty

Hi all,

Just gotta say this forum really rocks , such great comments from everyone and I really enjoy reading all the posts. Me and my wife moved to Aus 1.5 years ago to Melbourne ... We love Melbourne but recently decided to move to Brisbane due to climate and being closer to proper surf beaches :) I'm originally from Durban (amazimtoti). I've been offered a job in Brisbane CBD and start 14 May, we have never been to Brisbane and do not have any family or friends there yet. I'd like to know if anyone could recommend some suburbs are good for people new to city. We heard new farm is a good place to start.... We looking for somewhere close to the city (maybe walking distance) under 550 per week that has good access to transport, professional younger people, we are in our mid late twenties with no kids.... Still deciding between a house or apartment!!!

Also if there is anyone who would like to meet up for coffee that would good , just pm me and we can exchange phone numbers. I enjoy rugby, surfing on weekends, golf and church and my wife is interested in joining a book club and we are interested in finding a church.

Archived