Old Newbie

TheFilanders

Hi

I've been reading and finding some very usefull information on this site and haven't properly introduced myself.

We visited Australia in 2009 and I fell inlove right away, to be frank I really didn't like the place before setting a foot there.....crazy I know. After a month in Aus.....well well as they say the rest is history.

My name is Leslie and my husband and I live and work in Gauteng. My husband was very sceptical to take the plunge even after visiting Melbourne, Sydney and Perth (Crazy right) but our kids and certain events and circumstances changed his mind.

We've started the process, wrote ielts, submitted VETASSESS and now we wait..... :whome:

This forum has inspired, motivated and helped so much it helps maintain some sanity in the household.

Thank you everyone for your contribution and all the best to everyone.

Hi Leslie,

Welcome to the forum - well, officially, that is...

Some people need that one thing to make up their mind for them and others just want to leave because they've had enough. And then you get those who say they'll never leave until something happens and they can't get out of there quick enough. We all have our stories...

I'm glad you find the forum so helpful and hope that you'll continue to benefit as you now also play the waiting game, like so many others! Hope there's good news soon! :ilikeit:

Hello Leslie,

Welcome! All the best and hope you do not have to wait long before you have an answer.

Formal welcome! :-)

Hi Leslie

Welcome officially to the forum. I hope that everything works out for you guys and all the best for the journey ahead. Let us know how it went with the IELTS. Did the booklet help?

Thanks for the warm official welcome!

The booklet helped immensely. It certainly helped prepare us for the test as we would have been totally lost without it.Like some of the people we met on the day, there were two couples who did not even know about the book or the forum. They we completely taken aback with the process and the structure of the test. My husband and I recommended the forum to help them on their journey.

Thank you so much for all the opinions and advice on the forum its invaluable. :ilikeit:

Welcome, hope everything sorts itself out for you

Archived