Howdy!

Dryad

Good day Everyone,

I have been browsing the forum for a while and released I have been rude in not introducing myself, so here it goes.....

I am currently living in the Parow area of Cape Town, however was born in the old Transvaal. Current title is a financial manager, however I am more an accountant and have a degree in accounting and auditing. My hubby is an IT manager for a point of sale software program.

It took some time for hubby to warm up to the idea of maybe leaving South Africa for good as he is scared of starting at the bottom in a new country as he had to work very hard to be where he is currently. However he has come to the realization that we would probably have to leave to be able to have a positive future and a chance to retire someday.

I am saying hello, however I do not think we will be able to immigrate anytime soon due to financial reasons. I love reading everyone’s post and it gives me hope that someday I might be able to join you guys.

Welcome to the forum Dryad. The fact that you guys are considering immigration is already a very good start.

Remember that if there is a will there is a way. :ilikeit:

...And happy reading.

Hi, nice to meet you.

Good luck with your endeavours, whenever they may come to fruition. Keep the hopes & dreams alive!

Hi

Welcome

The money will come when the money needs to come. Start by doing all the other things in the mean time.

Get all the documentation together: Degrees, translations, unabridged birth and marriage, etc...

Then start looking to get your qualifications assessed for Aus (already some serious money)

Then start planning for the application.

Baby steps and you'll get there eventually.

Good luck!

:ilikeit:

Welcome! :-)

Hi There

I'm new to this site...I just got my spousal visa today and really excited about moving to Sydney...hopefully in a couple of weeks...

Don't worry Dryad...when the time is right...all will fall into place...just start with the baby steps in documentation preparation, downsizing of what you don't need etc....Pray...have faith and one day it will come to pass...sometimes the hardest journeys yield the most reward...Good Luck

Howdy! Welcome and enjoy the ride

Thank you everyone. It is really awesome to be part of this wonderful community!! Already I received some wonderful ideas hoe to start this process, baby steps but at least it will be a step in the right direction!!!!

@ GillyBean, congrats and welcome! I am sure you are going to love your new life, this forum has wonderful post about Sydney.

@ Erik, thank you for this, will definitely start gathering the docs. I was just wondering if you might know, if you have your degree assessed is the assessment only valid for a certain period or once done you never have to redo it?

Hi Dryad

Welcome to the forum and I agree, making the decision is a positive step in the right direction (which for us was the hardest). Where there is a will there is a way. I am sure that if it is meant to be then it will be - keep believing. Enjoy reading and good luck with all your future plans.

Archived