Cheap Airfares Brisbane To Johannesburg?

RyanO

We are planning our first trip back to SA after four years.

The dates we have in mind are late November to early Jan 2013 to try and miss the peak season.

Can anyone help or know of some good airfares? The best I can find is around $2000 a person and there's four of us.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan.

That sound about right on the specials for November , you are not going to get much cheaper than that, unless they really bring a rock bottom special out.

Thats the fares in low season from the East Coast, if you look at flying in December , which is high season on Qantas or SAA its over $3000 per adult .

I have no idea what you were thinking of you would pay to fly back to South Africa , but $2000 sound right for flights in November.

There are cheaper options, Etihad Air. It is not a direct flight, but about half the prise. They are awesome, I flew with them to Frankford via JHB, and they are my favorite airline! You even get metal utensils for your meals!

Even in November Ethiad Airlines from Sydney to Joburg is $2205 ....so they unfortunately are not half the price of other airlines,

They are slightly cheaper in December than Qantas or SAA but not by to much.

Depends how much time you have. We decided @ the last minute to go over to SA mid November last year for Christmas & had to do a bit of a detour because the direct flights were full up.

So we deviated & flight wise we paid less than that, but then paid out for accommodation as we took a leisurely trip there & back. However you don't mind sitting in airports for a few hours it's ok. On one flight, my Hubby cut it too fine & the flight was late, so we missed our connecting flight & were stranded in KL & bought tickets on another airline rather than wait for the next flight we could get on with our airline. It was a nice adventure & our travel insurance reimbursed us, but the repercussions of arriving late in SA .... even though we e-mailed the hotels & car hire ....... eish!

So having said that, if you have some time, try Qatar Airlines. Not sure if they fly from Brisbane, but it was a pleasure to fly with them & their price was not bad. You could always go Tiger Air to Singapore & onwards from there .... Tiger Air is not too bad. People laugh about these budget airlines & I must admit I was mortified when my Hubby was so proud he had found flights for us on them, but I can honestly say they were comfortable & the service was good.

Yes we did have a problem with one plane being late, but in hindsight, my Hubby should have booked us on an earlier flight from Bali .......

In our case it wasn't possible, but sometimes it's always better to bite the bullet, pay the price & get there. We had fun & saw places that we would not have thought about before.

Archived