Vetassess

Hartell

"Important Notice:

Due to the visa changes which the Department of Immigration and Citizenship will implement on 1 July 2012, VETASSESS has received a high volume of applications for skills assessment for the general occupations. Accordingly, VETASSES has suspended the Advisory Service till 1 July 2012. This will help us to process applications to meet the deadline. In the meantime, no advisory service request can be made via the online system. VETASSESS apologises for any inconvenience this may cause.

For the same reason, during this period the assessment team have changed the hours for receiving telephone enquiries. If you wish to speak to an assessor in relation to your skills assessment application, please only contact us between 4 and 5 p.m. Alternatively, you may send your enquiry by email to migrate@vetassess.com.au."

Hi Everybody,

Saw the above notice on the Vetassess website: Seemed like good news to me. If only a little :ilikeit:

• 2 weeks later...

@Hartell

I really hope so..... :D

My VETASSESS was also submitted in March and the status is currently "Your application record/form and supporting documents have been received and is currently being processed. If Vetassess require any further documentation in order to proceed with this application you will be notified"

What does your status say?

Well as I am using an Agent, I just received confirmation from him that the application was submitted!!! I should try to get access from them to track my app!!

What occupation have U selected? Are u using an agent?

We are using an agent and my occupation is HR Advisor.

Just check with your agent if they can give it to you, I've heard that some agents use one login for multiple clients and they might not be able to give it to you. Our agent didn't mind giving my login.....I think I was a bit of a pain :censored:

I received confirmation from the agent that the documents were submitted on the 19th March, on the 22nd I received confirmation that payment was received. When I checked the website it said that documents and payment was received on the 27th March :glare:

What occupation have you selected? Did your agent tell you how long the assessment process will take?

I selected Public Relations Professional. Yeah the Agents do seem reluctant to give the exact date of logdement. I also tend to be a pain and thought I would not bother them on this one - But maybe I should.

He did say it would take 16 weeks and I received confirmation of lodgement from them on the 7th March. If it does take 16 weeks I will have only 2 weeks for the ACT Nomination before the 1 July changes. So at this stage I doubt that I will make my app to DIAC before 1 July - -BUT I AM PRAYING FOR A MIRACLE!!!

We seem to have some commonalities here so keep up with the updates and ALL THE BEST!!!

Hi Joanne

We really want to go to the ACT route.

I've read online that they don't take applications after the 1st of May to enable them to meet the 1st July deadline. We are hoping and praying that we receive a postive skills assessment asap!!Then we just have to lodge with ACT. I believe that once you have sponsorship from a state and you don't make the 1st July dealine you will automatically be invited to apply by DIAC.

I agree that it seems that we have loads in common and I wil keep you posted with our developments.

All the best.

Leslie

Well that sounds good!!! I hope all goes well and will also keep you posted on our developments. Have you started your Commitment to Canberra Statement - another issue that is stressing me at the moment!!! :unsure:

Oh my Joanne, what is a "commitmentto Canberra Statement"? I've never heard of it!!!!

Hi it is a written statement on why you choose Canberra: so basically you must prove that the lifestyle will suit yout family, also prove that you have done research on the cost of living, job market etc!!! Must be in your own words and not be longer than 2 pages, you will find this info on the Act business migration website!!

Good luck!!!!

Maybe I should have a chat :boxing: with my agent.......

I asked him for all the requirements and he said the statement is not necessary. :angry2:

pm me your email address and I will send you the nomination guidelines for ACT

Thanks for assistance :hug:

Keep me posted on VETASSESS!!!

Archived