New To The Forum

michell

Wow, what a great forum this is, I have really enjoyed reading your threads and found them not only comforting but informative as well. :ilikeit: :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

We decided to make the great move around August last year it was just decided one morning that enough was enough lets see if we can get into Australia and try start a new life there, especially for the children we owe it to them. Unfortunately we have being exposed to crime and this was part of the decision but also just the cost of living here is awful every month we feel like we go backwards and just treading water to stay afloat..not a way to live!!

I have read some of your threads and they really give me hope of a much better, safer life for my family.

We got good news today and that was my hubby passed VETASSES, he is an electrician so had to do a practical exam we went down to Cape Town so he could sit it, boy was that a tough so glad it is over. He will be doing the IElTS on Saturday. Poor guy no rest for the wicked as they say.

We are now looking for a sponsorship as we where ready to leave like yesterday, we have sold house, even some furniture. If any one has some tips on how to go about looking for a sponsorship that would be much appreciated.

Hi michell

Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll have many happy postings.

If you really want to go the 457 route I would suggest that your hubby send his CV to as many companies who advertise vacancies on google as possible.

It's going to be a hit and mis untill you get "Lucky" You could always try seek.com.au

I'm sure someone else will give you even better advice!

Otherwise you could always try for state sponsorship or individual sponsorship. :grads:

Hi Loutjie

Thanks for the advise, will defiantly give it a try and see what happens.

We have applied for state sponsorship the documents should be with Western Australia within the next week. I guess I just get a bit nervous about hanging around to long waiting for our visa to be granted i have heard some people wait up to four years...

I see you going soon, that is so exciting. Enjoy the moment. :)

Hi Michell

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your new venture. It's definitely something worth waiting for, although I don't like waiting at all. Good luck to your hubby for the test on Saturday and If you are interested I have an IELTS booklet I can email to you for him to practice with. Send me your email address in a PM and I'll send it right over.

Hi Loutjie

Thanks for the advise, will defiantly give it a try and see what happens.

We have applied for state sponsorship the documents should be with Western Australia within the next week. I guess I just get a bit nervous about hanging around to long waiting for our visa to be granted i have heard some people wait up to four years...

I see you going soon, that is so exciting. Enjoy the moment. :)

Hi and welcome Michell,

The state sponsorship route is QUICK!!!! A good example: One of my friends' brother applied for 176 visa and got a CO within a WEEK!! So if you get sponsorship from WA you'll probably wait DAYS not months or years.

Good luck with the IELTS, I'm sure your hubby will be fine!

Keep us posted please.

A

Welcome and good luck, when you talk about sponsorship there are 2 major options, employer sponsored and state/territory sponsored. Both have their pros and cons so you should look at both, 176 State sponsored gives you all the benefits of permanent residence and the freedom to change jobs if you are not happy. Employee sponsored on the other hand is normally quicker so look at them both and we will guide where we can.

Link to ACT state sponsorship electricians are on the list

http://www.business.act.gov.au/skilled_and_business_migration/act_government_sponsorship

Let me start from the beginning.

Hallo all of your poeple.

I'm almost second hand new.

I'm buzy with a 457 visa (Yes, yes, I know its a poor mans visa but its a visa :whome: )

Hi Michell

Welcome to the forum - I'm sure you'll get plenty of useful info here.

Keep going with the 176 WA sponsored application, but then while that is going on in the background, start applying for jobs on seek.com.au. Also do some research on national electrical companies (KLM is one of them). It'll usually (but definitely not always the case) who will have previously sponsored employees from overseas. So find out who they are - they'll be the ones who get involved in large infrastructure projects and have a high demand for staff. Check out their websites and see if they have a recruitment section. Even if they don't, contact the HR manager to find out if you can send in your resume - tell them that you've been Vetassessed and have a current IELTs result so that sponsorship can go through quickly.

The other good place to look at is the mines in WA. The money is brilliant and if you're sponsored, that's a serious bonus. It may be crap staying in a small mining town for the first 2 years, but it'll probably set you up with enough money saved to buy a nice little house closer to the city.

GOOD LUCK!

Yes some people have been waiting a long time - DIAC change the rules every now and then and people get shunted all over ;-)

State sponsored applications are going well at the moment and are a high priority - although changes are coming (July) - but SS should still remain a high priority even if it does get a bit mixed up? Its a very good option at the moment and is moving swiftly - be quick.

Just keep your eyes open for changes - and there is no harm in keeping your options open and looking at other posibilities - until you have that lovely visa in your hands.

Good luck and Welcome

Thank you all for all the good advise will defiantly go the state sponsorship route and in the meantime keep looking for a job that offers a sponsorship even if it is in a small mining town.... Thanks again :ilikeit:

Welcome and all of the best! :)

Welcome and all of the best! :)

Thank you

Welcome and good luck!

Thank you.

Hopefully this Vertasses place will reply on a question I asked so I can send this TRA papers in.

Eish dee time hy not walking :offtopic:

I will keep all up to date.

Archived