Doctors & Dentist In Canberra

Sandy & Arrie

Hi Guys

For those of you that are living in Canberra. Can you recommend a good doctor and dentist.

I have heard scary stories about some of the doctors and dentist working in Oz.

I have had some bad and good doctors in Perth luckily never needed a dentist in that time, and I can not fly back to my good old house doctor when ever we get sick.

Thanks

Doctor: we go to Dr Cleary at the Wentworth Family Practice in Kingston. He's not our old family GP in Cape Town, but he is very nice and doesn't speak medical gibberish! He's also very practical about treatments.

Dentis: Dr Bill Thompson in Manuka. I've left going to the dentist for 4 years - to my detriment! I now have some pretty serious problems. :( Bill has been fantastic. He's old school and an absolute honey under the initial gruff exterior. He's not expensive at all which is a huge bonus. And he's thorough.

I also have to go to the periodontist - Robert Fell in Belconnen. Now THAT is expensive!!! One implant.... $2900!!!! So take a leaf out of my book, DON'T put off regular visits to the dentis!!!

We dont have doctor in Canberra as we have not needed one yet but we do know where to go. Phillip medical centre is just down the road, next to Mawson. Dentist, Dr Dave Trigger from Wanniassa Dental Surgery. Fabulous service, better than any I ever got back in RSA and I have a long history of dental problems and different dentists.

Implants, Dr Andre Viljoen at Brindabella Centre next to the Canberra Hospital in Garran, ex saffer. He only does the titanium implants.

Thanks guys this will go into my little notebook, I like to be informed and prepared.

So take a leaf out of my book, DON'T put off regular visits to the dentis!!!

I am dead scared of dentist!!!!!!!

Archived