Introduction

HeinH

Hi there,

My name is Hein Herselman and is cuurently staying in Port Elizabeth, South Africa.

I applied for a position in Cairns, Queensland Australia and was successfull. All contract and agreemnets were signed.

Everything is now with the Immigration lawyer. Now the time is ticking past, we are all excited, and all going to slow according to us. So much info to absorb..

Anyways, that is where we are now.

We are a family of 5. Myself, Wife Nettie, daughter Chante and two sons Anrich and Sebastian.

Thank you, it is the most frustrating thing I have ever gone through. I have read the forum for the past 5 hours and it looks like each ones app is different. And our lawyer/agent that side is taking her time..

In the mean time we are selling stuff to cover costs.

The only positive thing so far is that I have a job that side.

But I guess it will be worth it...

Hi Hein

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find it very informative. I gather that you're applying for a 457 employer sponsored visa.

If you are, please read the posts regarding some of the potential problems regarding the 457 Visas… just so that you know. ;)

I'm also in the process of selling everything, the house seems to be the biggest Headache :stretcher:

That is correct re the visa type..

Hello boertjie Hein,

Congrats with landing the job in Australia!

May I just ask a few questions re your application? We are going to Australia on a job sponsor 457 visa ourselves, so maybe we can draw from each other's experiences?

I saw that you posted a different question under another topic, regarding unabridged birth certificates. Have you done IELTS, police clearance, medical or any of the other requirements for the 457? It may be worthwhile contacting your immigration lawyer to find out what exactly needs to be done on your case. Dan kan jy mos die bal aan die rol kry!

Good luck and enjoy the journey!

Kind regards,

Chantell

Hein

Congratulations on your choice of location in Australia. I've lived near Cairns for 13 years after 9 great years in Melbourne. The best move I ever made was coming to Australia, and the next best was coming up here to the tropics "where rainforest meets reef". Strangely, I know very few S.Africans here, though most of my mates seem to come across them more often than I do.

The people up here are much more laid-back than those in the big cities, & though Cairns is growing fast it still has that village feel. People smile and greet strangers in the street.

If there is anything I can do to ease your arrival and settling in process I will be only too happy to oblige.

You won't regret this move!

Witz

Hein & Family,

Welcome to the forum, and endless well of advice and support, we wish you all well on your journey.

We have been in Oz 7 weeks and YES it is worth it!!!!\

T

Welcome to the forum Hein. Good Luck with the job .

Welcome, and enjoy as this is the best decision you can every make. We have been here in Perth just on 4 months and love it, love it, love it.

Archived