New Commercials On Perth

Emille

Thanks for sharing these. We are thinking about a move to Perth in a couple of years (I know you would love to be in Sydney - wonder if we can do a swap :) ) so it's cool to see some visuals on Perth, much appreciated.

ha ha Kas yes pse can we swop

this was done by my new employer the City of Perth - amazing

They are awesome ads. They make Perth look pretty amazing!!! But I'm sure if one's were done on Sydney in the same vain I would be blown away! What are you going to be doing for the City of Perth?

I see all of the videos have more 'dislikes' than 'likes' on YouTube. I struggle to see why?

Unless it is disgruntled people?

I am the new principal strategic town planner for the city of perth - dealing with, inter alia the new perth waterfront, riverside and citylink

there are always people that are 'negative' - this is one of the top 20 cities in the world - how bad can that be

i love the ads

e

Thanks a lot. We are also planning on moving to Perth later next year

Just have to wait till we are free from our PR visa agreement

Cheers

I am the new principal strategic town planner for the city of perth - dealing with, inter alia the new perth waterfront, riverside and citylink

Sounds like a cool, interesting job!

Sounds like a cool, interesting job!

not as cool as 'new principal strategic town planner for the city of sydney' - but cool nevertheless :yawn:

looks like posts have been 'disabled'

anyway let me try again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMXgW9IZKqU

if this is disabled - go to youtube and type in 'city of perth get to know me'

not as cool as 'new principal strategic town planner for the city of sydney' - but cool nevertheless :yawn:

Why are you not living in Sydney then? Genuine question, life is too short for regrets

looks like posts have been 'disabled'

anyway let me try again:

<video>

if this is disabled - go to youtube and type in 'city of perth get to know me'

Great to watch....thank you. It kind of reminds me of this marketing video from Brisbane:

Or this one maybe:

Brisbane Marketing also did a great little series on Brisbane's "urban villages" that may interest you if you haven't seen them already:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL83501E406B7FD560&feature=plcp

Those 3 Perth videos were a nice taster...I would like to see more of inner city Perth as I have seen lots of skyline photos but very little of the inner suburbs surrounding the city. It's the sort of thing that would draw me as a tourist. Are the ads aimed at tourists or locals?

You new job sounds great btw (apart from the gatekeepers)...I have the feeling Perth is really going to push on over the next few years....

Why are you not living in Sydney then? Genuine question, life is too short for regrets

the realities of life - job opportunities, job salaries, money in the bank, fact that at some stage one has to stop moving and settle in

Those 3 Perth videos were a nice taster...I would like to see more of inner city Perth as I have seen lots of skyline photos but very little of the inner suburbs surrounding the city. It's the sort of thing that would draw me as a tourist. Are the ads aimed at tourists or locals?

You new job sounds great btw (apart from the gatekeepers)...I have the feeling Perth is really going to push on over the next few years....

the 3 videos were done by the same people that did ones for New York. They are geared towards residents (people of perth) - to draw people back to the city (as opposed to the suburbs). apparently this will be expanded to visitors as well.

yes the new job is very interesting - the gatekeepers are just typical - as soon as there is any development anywhere, there will always be people who are against it. what i dont understand is its fine to be against things - but dont wait until construction is about to begin before you start to raise your concerns - why didnt they raise this years ago then there might have been avenues to address.

yes - 3 major projects - the waterfront (will have 1700 apartments / 150 000 sqm office space / 40 000 sqm retail space)

- there is the riverside - huge residential area on edge of city with new inlet as well

- there is city link - linking northbridge with CBD - residential, office and retail development - sinking the railway line and building on top

the realities of life - job opportunities, job salaries, money in the bank, fact that at some stage one has to stop moving and settle in

So there are less opportunities there for you? With my work there are more opportunities in a big city but for hubby who is the main bread winner the money is in WA

in my profession Sydney has few jobs and the jobs there pay less as well

melbourne most jobs (pay low), then regional queensland (pay high), then brisbane (pay good), then perth (pay average) and then sydney (pay low)

i can theoretically take a job in sydney at 3 or 4 levels lower than what i am now - but with sydney prices i wont be able to survive - also i have started over (lower) so many times that i dont want to do it again

Yeah I don't think I can move again Im pretty settled now

Archived