Moving From Adelaide To Toowoomba

Marius

We are moving to Toowoomba from Adelaide, first me in April then family to follow later. Any suggestions on a good furnished place to rent for me initially and removal company to use ?

Sjoe, lyk my ons gaan die enigste Saffers in Toowoomba wees.....

Hi Marius, I am in Toowoomba. A lot of people stay at the cabins/cottages at the caravan parks when they first arrive. Google is your friend, I think if you google caravan parks Toowoomba you will find more than one. If you have specific questions, please PM me and I will help in any way I can. There are rentals but they are expensive from what I recall when looking when we first moved here 3 years ago. As far as a removal company goes you are going to need to find one in Adelaide that does interstate moves. There is a huge South African community in Toowoomba, a massive Afrikaans community (I am an English speaking South African and don't have much contact with the very tight knit/cliquey group) but I could put you in touch with them if you want. They send out e-mails to everyone on their mailing list and perhaps they could ask if anyone has accommodation for you. If you want their contact e-mail let me know. And feel free to ask, ask, ask... areas, schools etc.

Eva

Just to let you know, I think we are in for a cold winter, the evenings are already getting chilly! So pack your warm stuff! I am happy to give you my phone number if you want to chat. Let me know...

Hi Eva, thanks for the reply and info, I might give caravan parks a go. I've also got a few viewings lined up for just before Easter for furnished places, around 150 to 250 per week so far. It's only for 6 months, in that time we will buy a house there and move over, we will use the time to look for a suitable house and areas. My daughter is almost 20 and in uni, so no school requirement :). Thats why we cant all move right away, we want her to complete this year first, then we will rent my house here out, buy there and move over. Any advice on areas would be very handy though. I will pm you with my email and mobile number, maybe we can have a chat.

• 4 months later...

We are moving to Toowoomba in the next few weeks and are wondering about suburbs etc. Have been looking at Kearney's Spring...anyone have an opinion? We dont have to worry about schools etc just proximity to work which is in Wilsonton.