North Lakes Commuting

SAman4Aus

I am interested to know how people get to work in the cbd from North Lakes and how long it takes.

Is driving to Petrie rail station an option? How long does that train take in the mornings and back after work?

Train is an option and several do use it.

Hi. I dont use trains often because they dont run to and from where I live /work every day but when I must go to the city have they seem reasonably close to running on schedule. I like the train service.

We are in Albany Creek which is not near a station but find the parking at most stations limited

I looked on the Translink site and it seems it will take you about 35 min http://translink.com.au/ .

Hi

We've been living in North Lakes for almost 3 1/2 years. Hubby catches the train at Petrie, takes him about 15 - 20 minutes to get to the station by car, and then between 30 - 40 minutes by train, depending on which train he takes. There is a few express trains, cutting travelling time. He sometimes catches the bus a block away from our house, which takes him to Petrie. There is an express bus, only stopping in North Lakes and then straight to Petrie. If you live in the newer part of North Lakes, a new road opened last year, with quicker access to the highway, and there is another station, Dakabin, which takes our friends under 10 minutes to reach, and then the train goes to the city from there too. There isn't a lot of parking, so his wife does the drop off and pick-up every day.

It does involve a lot of travelling when you live in North Lakes, but hubby decided he'd rather live further from the city and closer to the beaches. We are only 15 minutes away from Redcliff beach and close to Bribie island where we often go for a drive on the beach. We enjoy the quieter, more relaxed lifestyle, so the city isn't an option for us.

When you arrive, drive around and look at the different suburbs, before making a decision. We just fell in love with North Lakes from the start, and we knew this is the place where we want to be. Kids are happy in the school, and we've never looked back.

Archived