New To Forum, Very Excited To Start Process

Katrol

Good afternoon all.

What a wonderful website.

I have really enjoyed reading through the posts and I must say, it keeps me positive for our big decision we have made.

We have decided to go with a sponsor visa.

We will be selling our house first before we hand in the application.

Any thoughts on a removal company? Does it not work out cheaper to buy new once in Aus?

Where does my husband do the Skills assessment in Durban?

So many questions, but one day at a time.

Thank you again for an amazing site.

Enjoy your day.

Welcome to the forum.

You're going to have to do your homework on whether to take a container which can go for anything R40 000 - R80 000 or selling everything and starting fresh on the other side. Generally the feeling is that if you do not have old expensive sentimental furniture or brand new ones, it's better to buy when your there. That's the option we chose.

What kind work does your hubby do?

What type of sponsored visa do you plan to apply for?

Happy Postings!

Welcome to the forum. I think you'll find the info very useful.

Not sure if you have restraints around timing, but if at all possible, you should probably try aim to get you app in before the June/July visa regulation changes and price increases.

Thank you for your replies.

My hubby is a qualified fitter & turner.

We are applying for a ENS visa of which he has a job waiting.

Time constraints are just to sell our house first before we put application through.

Hubby has a motorbike that he desperately wants to take with. Really hope this whole process works out. Really want to get out of SA.

oh yes, one more point of interest, once the visa is granted, how long do you have to leave for Aus?

Welcome and may the burden of your journey be somewhat eased by the good folk on this forum

Any thoughts on a removal company?

Welcome Katrol,

I'd recommend you get a few quotes and see who you like - there are a couple of good threads on here a while back on removal companies.

We were impressed with Magnasomething's attitude in PMB and in the end used CargoPak (Durban based family business) which has had many good reviews on here.

Welcome to the forum! Interesting display name.... :)

Archived