Health Insurance Increases - 2012

Tyrone

Good afternoon guys,

I cannot believe how time has flown this past year!

So time to look at the upcoming increases again. I would be interested to hear from everyone else what your increases are expected to be.

My wife and I are on the "couples" tariff for their top plan previously known as the 320 plan. So the increases has been, will be

2010: AU 466/month (1 Apr 2010 to 31 Mar 2011)

2011: AU 582/month (1 Apr 2011 to 31 Mar 2012)

2012: AU 650/month (1 Apr 2012 to 31 Mar 2013)

As I have said before, IMAN have been AWESOME to deal with and they haven't had any issues with any claims, but this is a huge pile of money to be paying every month.

Any other comparative figures/comments?

Regards,

Tyrone

Are you still on a 457 visa? These rates are very high, but that is what you would be paying in SA for medical aid as well . Hurry and get your PR now!!

Look they are rediculous why not try Medibank apparently they are cheaper............

You get ripped off on a 457 visa..........I had to pay $1500 per month for my little on in daycare when I was there, the others about $125 and that just because I was on a 457 visa..........

The one thing that I hve discovered in Aus is that insurance companies will give you a brilliant rate in your first year but whack you with excessive increases in your subsequent years if you stay with them. Our car insurance is a prime example. We had increases of 17% and 25% in our 2nd and 3rd years coupled with huge decreases in insured market values. My wife's car insurance started at something like $450 a year and in the 3rd tear they wanted $782. We changed to a different insurer and now back down to $550/yr

I would suggest you shop around.

Also do you really need top top cover? We just went with an IMAN hospital plan, they also paid for all our GP visits and we paid $170pm I think it was...

Archived