From Vaal To Perth

yolred

Hi all.

I have wanted to introduce myself to you but just never seem to come around doing it.

So here goes.

Hi my name is Yolande I am a trainee accountant, and my husband a software engineer, we have a son 3 years old.

We have been thinking of moving to Oz for a few years now and made our final decision in October 2010.

And finally got all our documents together and submitted our Visa 175 application the end of October 2011.

Now we just have to wait patiently for a CO.

Welcome to the forum!! You will find a wealth of information on this site, and some very helpful and friendly people who have / are going through the same process as you. :)

Good luck with the process!

Welcome and hope all goes smoothly. It's typically a bit of a roller-coaster, but all worth it in the end. We're actually also heading to Perth soon, but from Melbourne.

Hi,

Good luck!

Whenever I meet an ex-South African, there is at least a 50% chance a member of the family is either an engineer or an accountant. Your training as an accountant is of a high standard relative to what the accountants here go through.

Regards,

Gerhard

Thank you, for the warm welcome.

I really appreciate it. I don’t feel so alone anymore.

And we will certainly call upon you if we need any advice or just feel like rambling about the hardships of the choice we made.

This is certainly not one of the easiest decision we had to make, I have never in my life been through such an emotional rollercoaster as I have been through the last year, and I know the worst is still to come.

Archived