See You Soon

AdelF

Good afternoon!

I'm new here. In fact, I've never joined a forum before, so this is exciting!

My husband and I will be coming to Australia soon and it would be lovely to meet a few people on this forum before we get there. We're originally from Pretoria but have been living in the UK for eight years. Our visas are ready and we're hoping to make the move this year. In fact, my husband has a job interview next week. We're trying not to get too excited because there's a good chance he wouldn't get the job, but it's difficult not to think about the huge change that could happen... I'm finding it difficult to think of anything else, to be honest!

We're hoping to settle in Sydney with our two toddlers and it would be such a boost for me if I could get to know a few people before we go. We've made the big move once before, when we came to the UK, and it's not easy at all. At least this time we're not leaving family behind.

For now I'm just saying hello, but hopefully I'll soon be asking lots of advice about everything. Fingers crossed for that job...

Best wishes to everyone from chilly UK.

Hi Adel

Welcome to the forum. We are heading for Sydney hopefully on the 20th of April.

Enjoy your time on the forum and happy postings :ilikeit:

Thank you Loutjie, wish we had a date set! You must be very excited/scared/busy/nervous/happy/sad... Do you have children? How's the family feeling about your move? Best of luck with all your arrangements.

Thanks Cramer. As I'm sitting here my husband's preparing for that interview. Better go make him a cup of coffee to show support.

Baie welkom!!! Baie sterkte met die soektog na werk - laat weet ons wat gebeur :ilikeit:

Dankie Lynnie! Ek sal jul defnitief op hoogte hou van ons verwikkelinge. Dis lekker om met iemand te kan praat oor ons planne. Dis maar moeilik om mens se opgewondenheid met familie te deel - ek voel skuldig dat ons nog verder wegtrek :(

Hopelik sit ons binnekort daar in die sonskyn!

Hi Adel,

There are quite a few of us on here who have done the RSA-UK-Aus thing. You can do a search for some of the threads. I always think, if you have done it once, the second time is much, much easier.

Jip, I'm sure it is. We may not know exactly what's ahead, but we know it'll be no walk in the park! Can't wait to get there, though. I've been cold for too long now! I've never even seen my kids in shorts and T-shirts!

Update, update!

The interview was yesterday and apparently it went ok ("could have been better, but not terrible", he said). We'll know on Monday whether he's got through to the next stage! I'm having trouble typing because everything's crossed... :unsure:

Hey Adel

Good luck!

My hubby's been in Sydney for 2 weeks now and we'll be joining him on 23 March! Can't wait!!

Look us up if you'd like to meet for a something when you arrive.

Archived