Perth Suburbs

craigsa

Don't agree with their view that there are more days a year that u need heating in Perth than cooling - that's just not accurate!!

He does say that "annual data suggests that" and it's not necessarily his view. But I agree, I thought I missed something there, as he seems quite knowledgeable RE Perth and it's a well known fact that Perth has excellent weather.

He does say that "annual data suggests that" and it's not necessarily his view. But I agree, I thought I missed something there, as he seems quite knowledgeable RE Perth and it's a well known fact that Perth has excellent weather.

[Mmm, maybe its so hot right now in Perth that we forget about heating? I recall having to use my electric blanket @ the beginning of December in 2010 because it was so cold. It also depends on the house I guess. Our rental was big & new, so very open plan .... it was freezing. There are lots of new areas here & if anything like our rental, he could well be right. When we bought, our house was more compact & facing a different way so not as cold. It doesn't have gas, as the rental did, so we only used our electric heaters on extremely cold nites last winter.

On the other hand it also varies from person to person, some people don't feel the cold as much. What is excellent weather to one person might not be excellent weather to another. To me excellent weather is the last week of September in Johannesburg, wish I could live like that all year round. Maybe it's the equivalent to March in Perth?

/quote]

I feel the cold badly but I can honestly say winter 2009 I was a bit cold but 2010 and 2011 I never even used a heater

Archived