Bed Sizes

Donovan83

Right... so the time is almost here to start making some more decisions, one of which is whether to take furniture with or not.

I'm erring on the side of taking our furniture (since it's quite modern and decent quality from Studio Blue), but I am not sure whether I should take our bed along. Apparently australian beds are longer so you will always have a problem arranging new bedding (which is easy to overcome) or a new mattress (which isn't as easy).

So silly question - did you bring your SA bed along (normal length)? Is it true that aussie beds are longer?

Please ignore any unintentional innuendo in this post :P

We bought a Simmons Beautyrest before we came out. We didn't specifically ask for more length, but we seemed to have got it because we have never had a problem with linen not fitting here.

Here is a post I wrote a long time ago about beds, it would seem that only Queensize beds are a problem.

Advice, while most household items are cheaper here, beds are NOT. If you can bring your beds and buy new ones if you can which will last you quite a while. Just my 2c worth of advice.

I agree with Cramer. We brought 2 single beds and 1 double bed mattress over and I've never had any issues with linen.

I think you can buy some extra length beds but most are the same size lengthwise. Take a look at the link Mara pointed you to - I think the width of queen and king may be different?? But that doubles are the same.

Darn. Mine's a queen, seems like it may be a good idea to replace it :/

Just do what I did, use it as a good excuse to buy a few sets of new linnen before you go, :lol:

Archived