From Jhb To Wa

Wanda

Hi

I have been 'observing' from the sidelines to for many months now. Guess it is time to say something.

My husband and I decided we would like to go to Aus probably in 2003 after being hijacked.

Last November we finally submitted our paperwork for an Employer sponsored RSMS. The DIAC requested some paperwork in Dec, then requested new pcc in mid Jan this year, and as we are speaking (so to speak - excuse the pun) - our pcc is being couriered to them. Our lawyer recons this is a positive sign and we could probably expect a positive outcome by end Feb. If this is so it will be good timing so kiddies can start new term at new school.

We are family of 5 - hubby, me, 6yr and 4yr old boys, and our little surprise daughter of 8mo.

We will be heading to Hopetoun, +/- 6hrs South from Perth (about 3hrs east from Albany, about 2 hrs west from Esperance).

Hope to join the land of the safe soon.

Wanda

Hi Wanda, Welcome to the forum. I have been to Hopetoun many times for holidays, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. PS: Don't worry you & your family will feel very safe in Hopetoun. Although it is only a small town I would think it is a great place for young families. I understand that the local doctor is a South African who has his own vineyard. Best wishes on your journey. Maritana.

Welcome and good luck :)

BTW - Did you mean you want to move over in 2013?

Welcome and good luck :)

BTW - Did you mean you want to move over in 2013?

No, that will be this year..... Why not the stress :) !

Hi Wanda, Welcome to the forum. I have been to Hopetoun many times for holidays, so if you have any questions feel free to ask. PS: Don't worry you & your family will feel very safe in Hopetoun. Although it is only a small town I would think it is a great place for young families. I understand that the local doctor is a South African who has his own vineyard. Best wishes on your journey. Maritana.

Thanks Maritana

We have actually visited Hopetoun. It does seem like a lovely place to have some good quality family time. Might have to go to Esperance once in a while for some 'coffee shop' therapy (not quite a retail therapy junky but definately a coffee shop junky). Were do you live?

Wanda

Hi Wanda, I live in Kalgoorlie, the area is known as the Eastern Goldfields. Kalgoorlie is 4 hours drive north of Esperance. A lot of people from my area go to Esperance & Hopetoun for their holiday breaks. I agree Esperance is a great place to visit with excellent scenery. A lot of the homes in Hopetoun are holiday homes for the wheat & sheep farmers from the Central Wheatbelt towns of Lake Grace, Newdegate & Lake King.

Hi Wanda, I live in Kalgoorlie, the area is known as the Eastern Goldfields. Kalgoorlie is 4 hours drive north of Esperance. A lot of people from my area go to Esperance & Hopetoun for their holiday breaks. I agree Esperance is a great place to visit with excellent scenery. A lot of the homes in Hopetoun are holiday homes for the wheat & sheep farmers from the Central Wheatbelt towns of Lake Grace, Newdegate & Lake King.

That explains the large amounts of homes standing empty with very little people around - besides the mines closing down. I was there about 2.5yrs ago. I hear the mines have reopened. Do you know if the population has started booming again?

I think a slow build up rather than a boom is the situation. People seem to have a more cautious approach this time around after what occurred several years ago.

Archived