Sa To Nz To Oz

sparknz

Hi everyone,

My husband and I have very recently immigrated to New Zealand. We have permanent residence we have decided not to stay...

We were planning to stay in NZ for about 10 years but we are thinking to move to OZ on a regular basis so the signs are there.

My husband is a Electrician (General) and I am a office administration/accounts clerk and we don't have any children.

We are still deciding whether or not my husband need to look for a job offer first before we make the move to enable a sponsored visa or just apply for the skilled migrant...

We would like to move to Queensland but it depend on where my husband get to job offer from, we have applied for about 30 job for him so fingers crossed :-)

we would appreciate anyone living in Queensland areas to give me some advise on what to expect, renting accommodation availability and cost, Banks accounts, Electricity etc.

We did the move from NZ in 2008. It all depends where in Qld you want to be. We are on the Gold Coast. Life in general is a bit cheaper than NZ. Cars are definetely more expensive but you don't do the yearly/6mnthly WOF here. Rego much more than NZ. Rentals are difficult to get hold of in popular areas, but since you not going to have to worry about schools that might not affect you. Banks work much the same as in NZ. Opened my Commonwealth Bank (ASB in NZ) account in Auckland and picked my card up in SouthPort on arrival. Electricity account only arrives every quarter and works out much the same as in NZ monthly. Drivers lisence you can convert at Queensland Transport without testing again and have it valid for 1 or 5 years. Supermarkets close on a Saturday and 5pm and Sunday 6pm not 10 or 11pm every day of the week like in Auckland (learnt that the hard way). They also open at 9am on weekends not 7am. You also cannot buy your wine and beer with your groceries at woolies. Weather much much warmer and nicer than NZ. In total, I am glad we made the move from NZ.

• 2 months later...

Thanks you Tri-Nations

I can't find anyone that is living in this city but we will be going to Rockhampton Queensland.

Archived