Separating From My Wife - I Need A Granny Flat/cottage If Anyone Know

Koos VDM

Hi Forumites

Unfortunately, my wife and I are separating and I would love to find a Granny Flat/Cottage not too far from the City - doesn't matter North or South but North is preferred to be nearer to my son. I don't want to spend more than $ 350.00 pw right now while things are in a flux.

I am a professional worker (Permanent resident) in IT and have clean and healthy habits - don't smoke, drink occasionally and I look after myself. I'd even share a house with someone but my 8 month old son might stay with me every now and then and it may put some people off - although he is an angel and very easy.

Even if you know in the interim of someone going overseas who needs a reliable house-sitter, I would be eternally thankful. I love animals and walk daily so I don't mind taking the dogs for a walk.

We only rented one house for a year before we bought a house here - but I do have a reference from the managing agent.

Your assistance would be appreciated!

Thanks

Koos

PM me and I will call you.

Hi Forumiete,

Ongelukkig het my vrou en ek besluit om te vervreem van mekaar en ek wil baie graag 'n Granny Flat/Cottage huur wat nie te ver van die stad is nie - maak nie saak of dit Noord of Suid van die Rivier is nie maar ek sal Noord verkies om nader aan my seun te wees. Ek wil nie meer as $ 350.00 pw spandeer in hierdie tyd van verandering nie.

Ek is 'n professionele werker in IT (Permanente inwoner) met gesonde gewoontes. Ek rook nie en drink selde en kyk goed na myself. Ek sal selfs kyk daarna om 'n huis met iemand te deel maar dit mag party mense afsit aangesien ek 'n 8 maand oue seun het wat hopelik nou en dan by my sal oorslaap. Hy is baie rustig en gemaklik maar soos enige baba het hy sy oomblikke (veral as ek vir hom sing :-)

Selfs iemand wat binnekort vir 'n lang tyd weg gaan en 'n betroubare huis oppasser benodig, ek is lief vir diere en sal hulle mooi versorg terwyl julle weg is.

Ons het net een huis gehuur voor ons 'n huis hier gekoop het, maar ek het 'n verwysing van die agent.

Julle hulp sal waardeer word.

Byvoorbaat dank,

Koos

PM my en ek skakel julle.

I am still in South African so cant help but just wanted to say i am sorry to hear about your seperation. It must be very difficult to deal with. Thinking of you and hope you find a place.

Hope you find soemthing soon :)

Thanks Allison and Candivw, sure I will find a place. Perth & Property...gotta love it :-)

Friends of ours recently used a house sitter when they went away on holiday. I looked after their dog for a few days before the house-sitter arrived and had the pleasure to meet this lovely lady. She told me that house sitting in Oz is very organised and she has been house sitting for nearly a year (she plans to return to Namibia next year). She pointed me to the following website: http://www.aussiehousesitters.com.au/ for whenever I may need a house sitter. A good idea for you may be to register yourself on this website. Hope you find something.

Hi Koos

I'm not in Perth and so can't be of assistance there, but just want to say that I am so sorry for your current situation and that I hope you manage to find somewhere close by to your son.

My thoughts are with you.

So sad to read things like this. We don't know all our fellow forumites but it still sucks that one of our own is going through a tough time. I don't want to be a sticky beak but is there no chance you could work things out? Maybe some time away from each other will make you realise that you want to be together. I feel so sorry for all of you and that tiny little baby. I really really hope that things will work out for the best for all of you and that you'll find a place to stay where you could still be a part of your son's life. Take care. xx

Thanks everyone...I am no angel myself, but advice to forumites coming here:

1. Immigration will test your relationship

2. Say how you feel

3. Don't alienate yourself from your culture, this will happen eventually but don't force it

4. After three weeks, send Mother in law back to where she came from!

Anyway, this is the bed I made and I will lay in in it. No regrets. My son is an Aussie and that is worth all this discomfort and starting again.

Thanks for the sympathy and good wishes everyone. Ek waardeer dit!

Thanks everyone...I am no angel myself, but advice to forumites coming here:

1. Immigration will test your relationship

2. Say how you feel

3. Don't alienate yourself from your culture, this will happen eventually but don't force it

4. After three weeks, send Mother in law back to where she came from!

Anyway, this is the bed I made and I will lay in in it. No regrets. My son is an Aussie and that is worth all this discomfort and starting again.

Thanks for the sympathy and good wishes everyone. Ek waardeer dit!

I also wanted to recommend the house sitting option - I've heard good things.

I'm very sorry to hear your news. I must however tell you not to give up, even when things get really tough. I landed in Melbourne 2 years ago and my then GF of 4 years cheated on me soon after we arrived and everything fell apart at the speed of light. I felt very low and often wondered if I was used to get a visa. However, as much as life has a way of testing us, it also has a way of surprising us when we least expect it. On Saturday, I got engaged to the most amazing woman and I never, ever believed I could be this happy.

Hang in there and be strong!!

Sorry but I had to chuckle at the mother-in-law comment... :-)

Take care! Hope things will look up soon.

Archived