*******electrician General Class********

SAsparkie

:wacko:

Hi

I am an electrician based in South Africa.

I have my diploma and a “wireman licence” I have also completed 5 international courses with a company called “BLUE DOG TRAINING” an international company and I am in the process of enrolling for my “Certificate IV in Occupational Health and Safety (NTIS ID: BSB41407; TAFE ID: D157)”

I have already started my immigration process and have sent in my (VETASESS 24-1-2012)

I’m looking to immigrate to AUSTRALIA WA PERTH as soon as possible

Any assistance will be gladly appreciated

Thank you!

SAsparkie

• 3 months later...

Hi SAsparkie

That's great news that you have started the process.

Vetassess is very good and the practical stuff isn't too bad hear. Do you have to go over to OZ to do the practical assessment? How long have you been in the trade?

The only problem that I have come across is that when you get your Offshore Technical Skills Record letter how do you apply at a company for a position as an electrician if you don't hold a WA "A" Grade license.

The problem is that you need to do GAP training while you are working as a sort of appy in Australia until they issue you with the WA A grade license. Which company is going to sponsor your visa if you don't hold a license????

Do you know any more info about this loop hole??

cheers and good luck!