From Sa To Canada To Oz

Patrys

I am just gonna get the ball rolling and say... HI !!!

Our family of three have very recently immigrated to Canada. To make a long story short, we have decided not to stay... we don't want to invest too much only to pack up later knowing the signs where there all along. We are looking into Oz and this forum has been a great source of welcoming info... thanks!

My husband is a Mining Engineer and I am a physiotherapist, our daughter is almost 2years AND ALSO... I am 4 months pregnant :-)

My husband will be looking for a job offer first before we make the move to enable a sponsered visa.

There is a few places that we have identified and would appreciate anyone living in those areas to give me some feedback on how it is living there... e.g. house prices, renting accommodation availibility and cost, weather conditions, Christian community, day care, cost of living, health care facilities, places for shopping, scenery, culture, etc.

Here is the list:

- Mudgee

- Singleton area

- New Castle

- Illawarra area

- Mackay

- Sydney

- Brisbane

Thank you for all the feedback to come... I know it is a big effort for some ;-)

Patrys

Hi Patrys

We did exactly the same thing. We went to Canada in 2001 on PR visas and were back in South Africa only 3 months later. I had a job and everything in Vancouver, but we knew immediately that it wasn't the place for us even though it is a really beautiful place.

So we arrived in Brisbane almost exactly 4 years ago on a 457 visa and have since been granted our 856 ENS PR. I am stiil at the same employer that sponsored me originally and we are very happy in Brisbane.

The kids are growing up fast and our 3rd son was born here as an Aussie citizen in 2009.

We are eligible to apply for citizenship in about 4 weeks time, so very excited about that.

So all I can say is welcome to the forum and good luck with all your planning.

Cheers

Thanx for all the welcoming notes!

Aan Doran: Ek hoop ons kan oor 'n paar jaar dieselfde storie as julle met die gelukkige einde vertel! Ek dink ook Aus gaan ons beter pas.. As jy meer oor Brisbane wil uitbrei sal ek bly wees dankie?

Groete,

Patrys

Hi Patrys

There is a lot of work for mining engineers in WA and not all is FIFO!!! Have a look :whome:

Hestie

Archived