Hi All! - Future Perth Residents Here :)

Cranzy

Hello everyone.

Let me start by introducing myself.

I'm currently staying in Pretoria with my wife, I am 28 years old and work in the IT sector.

We have been wanting to move to Australia for a long time now and I believe I now have enough experience in my field of work to do this.

We have already obtained our unabridged certificates last year.

I have lodged my skills assessment application with the ACS (as I now have almost 9 years experience - I am a Senior Analyst Programmer) end of last year, submitted my physical documents on 24 Dec 2011, and the ACS confirmed they received my documentation on 03 Jan 2012.

Our IELTS exams are booked for 18 Feb 2012.

After the IETLS exam and ACS results, we will start our visa application - we are going to do the 175 Visa.

We haven't run into any major stubmling blocks ... touch wood.

We are currently renting, so I don't have the worry to sell a house. Car is almost paid off and I do not have any other debts :)

We plan to move to Perth, as we know people there already and have also been there twice ourselves.

Looking forward to see you guys on the forums :)

Best of luck with ACS! Once that is finalized your already half way there. :lol:

Are you guys going to try and do the application before the 1st of July 2012?

Congratulations on taking the big step, we've been here almost 7 years and no regrets at all :-)

I work in IT as well (BA) and have generally been employed about 90% of the time.

Good luck with the application.

Thanks guys.

Best of luck with ACS! Once that is finalized your already half way there. :lol:

Are you guys going to try and do the application before the 1st of July 2012?

Yes, hopefully all goes well with the IELTS tests and I have the results +- end of feb ... then as soon as I get result back from the ACS, the actual application will start :)

!!!!!!!! WOOHOO !!!!!!!!!

My ACS application has been assessed. Positive Assessment for Analyst Programmer.

Amazed at how quick that went. 03 Jan(Started) - 27 Jan (Finished). :)

Welcme, been in Perth just over 3 years an am still very happy

• 4 weeks later...

Did the IELTs test on 18 Feb in Pretoria - was much harder than the practice exams.... luckily I only need a 7 in each band :)

Did the IELTs test on 18 Feb in Pretoria - was much harder than the practice exams.... luckily I only need a 7 in each band smile.gif

Ok, got my results online today :)

Listening : 9

Reading: 9

Speaking: 9

Writing : 7.5 -> Time got me on this one.

Overall band score: 8.5

Got what I needed - so now I can start the 175 visa :)

Archived