Mining Administrative Position

Freetobe

Hi all!

I wonder if there is anybody on the forum that can offer me any contacts or referrals within the Mining Industry?

I have a strong administrative/sales/retail background and am also a Certified Pool Operator/Pool Technician. I have been scouring Seek.com.au for months but all positions on offer require previous site and FIFO experience, which I do not have. However I am female, 42 and single with no dependents, so to be away from home would not be an issue. (An 8/6 roster would be preferable though!).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Lee

Hi all!

I wonder if there is anybody on the forum that can offer me any contacts or referrals within the Mining Industry?

I have a strong administrative/sales/retail background and am also a Certified Pool Operator/Pool Technician. I have been scouring Seek.com.au for months but all positions on offer require previous site and FIFO experience, which I do not have. However I am female, 42 and single with no dependents, so to be away from home would not be an issue. (An 8/6 roster would be preferable though!).

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,

Lee

Have you tried sending your CV to the mining houses directly (HR dept) and not through an agency?

I agree with Noele try applying to the mining houses direct. Every one wants to work on the mines and FIFO.

And contrary to what everyone beleive thos jobs are difficult to get , but not impossible to get to the mines with out FIFO experience.

Generally you need to " know" someone to get those jobs. Perhaps even start in their town branch and perhaps get a transfer after a few months.

Archived