Contact Someone In Adelaide

Pierre&Wanda

I am considering moving from Perth to Adelaide and would like to contact someone in Adelaide to ask a couple questions on concerns that I have. If anybody would like to help you can PM me or send me an e-mail at pirrebrand@gmail.com and I will give you a call.

Your mailbox is full - I don't mind answering a few q's - not sure how much help I will be seeing as we've only been here for 7mnths but more than willing to assist where I can :)

Your mailbox is full - I don't mind answering a few q's - not sure how much help I will be seeing as we've only been here for 7mnths but more than willing to assist where I can :)

Hi There K-Vdm,

Would you know of any South African gatherings happenning in Adelaide?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi

We would like to get in contact with anyone who can offer us accommodation at a reasonable price in Adelaide. We are looking at the Glenelg area and will be arriving either in Dec 2012 or at the latest Jan 2013.

We need furnished if possible to start until our stuff arrives. Preferably a house with 3 bedrooms.

Thanks

Goingsouth, it's not impossible, but its very difficult to get short-term accommodation arranged from offshore. When we came to Glenelg, we stayed at the Glenelg Motor Inn for about a week, in which time, we went looking for places to live. Ironically, we rented a house, and have since also bought a house, within a stone's throw from this little motel.

I know of a South African who leases a few properties, but they are much further down the coast.

Springjock

Please let me have the details of the South Africans you know who lease properties, even if they are further down the coast, it is somewhere to stay an a starting point.

If they have nothing suitable, maybe they will know someone....gotta keep trying.

Many Thanks.

goingsouth, we are staying with HomesDownUnder down in port Noarlunga in December when we arrive for 5w. We decided to fly December to give the kids a real holiday before all the rushing around to find houses etc for Jan and school starting end Jan. Tamara is an ex saffer who went out to Adelaide I think 5 years ago and has come highly recommended. They have a couple of properties so she might be able to assist. www.homesdownunder.com.au. The rental on the property we are taking is AUD700 pw. I also looked at properties much closer in but they were astronomical (I even got a quote of AUD14000 for 4w in Glenelg YIKES) and Dec and Jan Adelaide is pretty much shut down so finding a non holiday rental during this period might prove to be difficult. We are staying from the 6th Dec to 11Jan. I know there was also Roo's rentals who still had place when we booked, also down Christies beach way.

Good luck

Shona

Homes Down Under was the one I was going to recommend.

I was also contact the Glenelg offices of the likes of Elders Real Estate, Brock Harcourts, Taplin Real Estate and Harris Real Estate. They will come up if you Google them.

Do you know about the 100 points of ID issue and that you have to have references? Make sure that you and your partner can provide at least two form of ID e.g. passport and drivers licence, but most importantly, you'll need a reference from a previous landlord to say that you are good tenants and won't make a mess of the rental property. In my case, I had never rented before so I asked a real estate agent that I sold some properties through, to write me a letter telling Aussies what a wonderful oke I am, and how we always lived in a neat and tidy house etc etc.

You will not get accommodation without such references, trust me.