Enjoy

bundyman

Question

8 answers to this question

Sherbet! Where do you even find a little spot to lay your towel and get a tan? And the mess! Shocking! So sad :(

No wonder kids drown so easily without anybody noticing!

Ah yes. Had the misfortune of going out for a few drinks and making a wrong turn and ending up near the beachfront at 11pm on boxing day, stumbling upon what appeared to be the world's biggest mass piss-up.(if you'll excuse my language, I have no other words to describe it)

Although many enquiries were made as to our well-being, such as "hey what's up whiteboy?" and "whatchoo doing here?" :) for some reason we did not feel particularly welcome and as we had no intention of being braai fodder for one of the numerous rubbish-bin bonfires that littered the streets, we rather hastily made our departure. This was 1998.

Have to admit though, it did look like a big jol ;)

:o:o:o and FAINT!!! More than that, I cannot say!

E

I would pay more attention to this if it didn't have such an overt racist and political bent...........I mean " Cape Town" the last white outpost......

I just get really sick of this kind of thing because the resultant responses will gravitate toward race issues and the shocking pollution/littering becomes secondary....also I'd suspect that this was taken on boxing day and for some reason bus loads of people flock to the beachfront..........and leave that disgusting mess for which there is no excuse......oh and misplace several hundred children too. I'm not in any way defending this behaviour, but there is an obvious agenda here.

Even if the ANC wasn't in power, these people would still be making this mess somewhere........just not en masse, on the beachfront.

Last time I was in Durban was Xmas 98 just before I had my first child....we stayed at the Beach Hotel....man I can still taste the prawn curry, wandered around a bit ( not down alleys, back streets etc). It was actually pretty quiet until boxing day ( we were going home then anyway because everyone knows there is a mass influx to the beachfront on boxing day)... but it was quite something to watch...and I was glad we weren't staying.

Sorry guys...rant over

Edited to add: If you don't know what I mean by gravitate toward race issues, just visit news24 and check out the most commented stories, no matter what the subject, it becomes a black/white oppressed/oppressor thing........... I don't think there is any hope, truly sad.

Yeah Andrea, you're right - it is always a black and white thing, even when it is not. That's why that country will never be able to move on and prosper. It's been 18 years and they're no further in putting the past behind them.

That is really sad to see. In the last bit of that clip is a shot of the old Beach Hotel. When my wife and I were dating we would go there for 2 beers and a plate of mussels for R15. Used to be in the NSRI and new those beaches well. It will never be the same again.

Archived