Sa Food South Of The River

Michele R

Hi!

Just came back from our IGA in Karawara and thought I'd share this with you. Firstly, the shop reminds me of what Woolies Food in SA was like inside, so nice. Secondly, they stock gem squash (lots! I bought so many lol) and some fab SA products. They also have Mrs Balls Chutney, Pronutro, Ouma Rusks, Samp, Romany Creams, Astros, jellie tots (!), wide variety of Rooibos and niknaks (I had to buy a bag). The IGA is at the Waterford Plaza in Karawara. So thought I would share this with anyone craving some treats from SA. B)

Pronutro and ouma rusks. wonder if all IGA will stock it. My son bought Pronutro with his pocket money at the SA Essential shop

If I have my facts right, I undersand that IGA sort of cater for the "type" of customers in its area. That is probably why there is a lot of RSA products on the shelves, different story if you lived in a prodominantly Asian/Jewish/British/German/etc... area.

• 2 weeks later...

You're right Rozelle, they do stock generally what most customers would buy, but I think our IGA is owned by another Saffer. Found some Ceres juice, Ina Paarman spices and even All Gold Tamatie Sous! :lol:

It really looks like Woolies from back in SA and they serve free general coffees and teas, not so bad when it's 42 degrees outside. You can enjoy a coffee in the nice air-conditioned shop :ilikeit:

Archived