1 Month In Act

Apollo

Hello Everyone

Wishing you all a belated Happy New Year and trust this will be an awesome one for!!

Yes we are still on this planet!! Finally got our internet back up and running (Thanks Cramer :ilikeit: ) Its great to be back on track.

Container arrives in about 3 weeks and we are really looking forward to getting our furniture and goodies.

We have been in Aus for a month now but in Canberra for only 2 weeks. In that time we have managed to get a house, car, school and daily living sorted out. Really timed it well with all the year end specials on household appliances etc.

Service here has been amazing on most counts (Internet not so much ha ha )but overall we are very comfortable with our progress so far.

For anyone on their way to Canberra, you will love this city more each day!

Now I just need to pass my drivers licence :blush:

Regards

Apollo

Welcome to Canberra Apollo! Hopefully we'll see you at the next Coffee Club!

Aaaahhhh i have been thinking of, you and wondering how things were!

Glad to hear things r working out for you.

We are so excited for our validation trip, just can't wait to see it all.

Keglin

My Pleasure Apollo, Mrs Mupersan I added them to the CCC on FB so hopefully see them at the next get together

So nice to hear from you my friend. Do you still have your blackberry so we can chat? Pease PM me you new email address.

Thanks All,

Thanks Wade and Mrs Mupes, I am sure we will catch you at the next coffee club.

I have to say the first few weeks can make you a little crazy and very anti-social!!!

We put huge pressure on ourselves to get all the administrative stuff sorted out and as great as it is to have a list of items all ticked off and finalised, it comes at the cost of just chilling and exploring our new city.

This weekend was the first time we just enjoyed the time, explored the markets, walked a little way around the lake and happened along at the National Carillon - what an education.

Keglin,it's nice to be in contact again, I bet you are counting days till your trip.

Sharon, my BB is just a phone for now, airtime is Very expensive and I haven't decided to take up a contract etc. My e mail is the same though so will PM you for now.

Feeling great so far, just need the work fairies to wave their magic wands :holy:

Cheers

Apollo

Speaking of the Carillion, they have music playing every Tuesday this month from 7-8 PM, you can go picnic on the island or just sit and listen or even cycle or walk while its playing

Hi Apollo - glad you are there finally!!! Exciting times ahead. Please keep us posted on all your settling in experiences

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Apollo,

We have also been in Canberra a month tomorrow, and yes the first month has been wild as well trying to get all the things you need, the specials and sales have really been a help though.

Hope to run into you at the coffee club.

Cheers

Nicola

Hello Everyone

Wishing you all a belated Happy New Year and trust this will be an awesome one for!!

Yes we are still on this planet!! Finally got our internet back up and running (Thanks Cramer :ilikeit: ) Its great to be back on track.

Container arrives in about 3 weeks and we are really looking forward to getting our furniture and goodies.

We have been in Aus for a month now but in Canberra for only 2 weeks. In that time we have managed to get a house, car, school and daily living sorted out. Really timed it well with all the year end specials on household appliances etc.

Service here has been amazing on most counts (Internet not so much ha ha )but overall we are very comfortable with our progress so far.

For anyone on their way to Canberra, you will love this city more each day!

Now I just need to pass my drivers licence :blush:

Regards

Apollo

Welcome to Canberra Apollo,

Glad to hear you are settling in -

Good luck with your drivers,

Thanks everyone!!!

I get to know and enjoy Canberra and surrounds more every day. It really is a very special time creating your new future, does not come without it's stress however!

So,many many deep breaths have been taken and we have to remind ourselves to step back and just be grateful and optimistic. Time will do the rest.

Can sincerely say that if we were Aussies moving to SA, I am not sure the process would run so smoothly - just a thought :whome:

Sorry we could not make the coffee club today, seems there was a great turn out.

We took a day trip to Batemans Bay as a special treat for my son's last day of holidays, he is off to school tomorrow and very anxious.Long trip but worth the journey to see him having such fun, been a while since he had a beach day!

Regards

M

Hi Apollo

Just wanted to let you know that I did get you email. Thank you so much!

I have also sent you a few replies but I don't think you have received them as

You next email confirms.....

I also sent you a message on this forum. Did you get that?

Lol think I am going crazy!

Anyway I know your son would have started school yesterday. I hope he

Is settling in and that he is not too nervous!

Keglin

Archived