New To Carseldine

2OZweGO

We will be moving to Carseldine beginning Feb. Does anyone know the in and outs of this area? I.e. good places to shop (white goods, furniture, appliances, electronics), daycares (I know of C&K and Lizards in Gympie Rd...but have not viewed them yet), churches, swimming schools, public pools, etc. It will also be great to meet someone in the same area. We are mid 30 and have a boy now almost 2yrs old. :)

Hi

I don't know the area too well, as we live in North Lakes. But I know there are a lot of South Africans living in the area. We go to Bray Park Community church, and lots of SAfricans in our church live there. Chermside shopping centre is close-by, and most people in that area do their shopping there. It's huge, and a lovely place to shop. Sorry, cannot help you more!

Good luck with the new area!

Carseldine is great and has a train station if you are commuting to the city.

Shopping - Chermside Westfield is very close, probably the best shopping centre in Brisbane but there are loads of shops and furniture type stores between Carseldine and Chermside

Daycares - Probably a few in the area (don't the answer to this one, but don't assume that there will be space at the day care - you must get a confirmed spot)

Churches - Depends what you are looking for, close by is the Bridgeman Baptist Church and Nexus Church. We have been to both and enjoyed both (just prefer Nexus)

Swimming schools - there is one in Aspley (close by to Carseldine). We go a bit further to Sam Riley's in Everton Park - not sure why we go there but we liek it :)

Swimming pools - there is pool complex in Albany Creek, Splash Pool complex in Chermside and the Goodlife gym in Carseldine has an outdoor 25m pool

Good luck with everything!

Archived