Reasons To Go Back To Sa

jonathanb

Question

Ok so here are some of my reasons to return to SA. There are probably more but it is late and right now I cant think of anymore.

In Aus:

You cant get fat and lazy while someone else cleans your house and does your garden.

There is no one to point out empty parking spaces or help you park and pull out.

You cant just stop your car anywhere you want.

You cant go through red robots late a t night if you dont feel safe.

There are no car guards at the beach to leave your keys with.

If you want some new furniture you have to buy it and not rely on the insurance company to buy it for you.

You cant just throw your rubbish out any where you want.

You cant hoot at drivers who do stupid things without out people glaring at you.

You cant speed in either a car or bicycle.

You cant go into the department of home affairs and shout at some stupid idiots for giving you a totally differnet surname.

You cant make make fun of the leader of the counrty taaking a shower after sleeping with someone with aids.

You cant laugh at a woodworking idiot who will be the next leader of the country.

You cant make fun of the fools who have nothing continue to vote in people who lie, steal and rip the country off without even trying to hide it.

You cant pull a Shaik or the new Selebi to get out of going to jail if you do manage to be enough of a crook to get into a position of power.

You cant have fun blocking taxis from driving down the yellow line and arrive at work in a great mood.

You cant walk across the street whenever or where ever you want.

If you want to get rid of something you cant just dump it on the pavement to have it carted away as you turn your back.

People can look into your garden as you dont have high walls.

You cant bribe government employees for business.

You cant spend hours in a police station looking at wanted posters while some illiterate tries to fill out an accident report for you.

You can stay at home and relax while your kids go and play in the park by themselves so you dont get the excersise you should.

You have to have dogs as pets and not protection.

If you get robbed you have to stick around for the 10 minutes it takes for the cops to get there and cant go away for a few days while you wait for them.

Your kids cant teach you the new history about the country as it stays the same and the same people discovered Aus now as those who did all those years ago unlike SA where your kids get to teach you new things about the countries history every year.

You cant save money by staying sober when you go to a game or concert cause you can take public transport home.

You cant look down on others if they dont have the biggest and best of everything.

You cant watch the armed security searching all over your garden when your cat sets off the alarm.

You cant tell your kids its not safe enough to go camping so you have to stay in a hotel.

You dont have the pleasure of having to change your name or spend days gettting a tan to get a job that you are the best candidate for.

You dont have to take the scenic route around the city you grew up in cause its safe enough to drive through.

You cant spend hours talking to your kids and explaining them what its like to catch a bus or train.

You dont get to learn a TV show off by heart because they are repeated every second night.

You cant bet on whether or how many weeks it will take for a letter to get to a post box 2 kms down the road from where you posted it.

You dont get to have takeaways by candle light every second night.

You have to actually do a driving test and cant just buy your license from the insector.

You dont get to meet as many people while you spend half a day waiting in line at any government department.

• Like 14

Hehe! Love it!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should print this out, and give it to whoever is trying to convince us that RSA is the best place to be in........................and that we are crazy for leaving

Now you've got me questioning our decision to move.........

NOT!!!

Ha Ha Ha!! List is a suitable reminder to those of us still wondering whether we are doing the right thing

And now I miss standing in line for half a day....all those conversations with strangers!!!! :whome:

Glad you all like it but I forgot the most important reason to go back to SA.

In Aus when you tell your grandkids you were held up at knife point and dont have scars from 10 bullet wounds they will think you are a wimp.

Well done Jonathan, great post and a great laugh!

Going back to SA for two weeks to see family and I am just not looking forward to it at all. We had to cancel our plans to go to Darwin this winter for a"warm"holiday and now it is back to East London AGAIN!!Feeling rather sorry for myself :blush:

The detour of duty... Hope you get to enjoy that warm Darwin holiday soon!

• Like 1

I will no doubt visit SA in a couple of years to see my folks, but I am seriously considering a 'meet me in mozambique' initiative. I just dont want to give the ANC a cent!

I will no doubt visit SA in a couple of years to see my folks, but I am seriously considering a 'meet me in mozambique' initiative. I just dont want to give the ANC a cent!

This sounds like an option I would consider, you get a holiday and so do you folks....and you don't feel obliged to visit family or friends that assume because you are over there that you should be the one travelling to them ( My folks have just been on a holiday to the UK and I'm a little bit annoyed with the expectations of some people, especially as my folks were travelling by train or bus and absorbing the hellish exchange rate)

I so enjoyed reading this post :jester: You could patent this in SA and sell it printed on everything and anything !!!

Haha. I opened this topic expecting something completely different. This is good!

You dont get to learn a TV show off by heart because they are repeated every second night.

I beg to differ - how many reruns of The Simpsons, Everybody loves Raymond (now that's a misnamed show), Big Bang Theory, Top Gear and Futurama can you really stand?

Haha OubaasDik! So true... and the ads on TV are just so inane! :stretcher:

Also, the police don't RACE to you in 10mins if you've been burgled... *speaks from experience* :whome:

In my case they did. Well 15 mins anyway - and it was around 4.30 am

I'm not complaining.