Brindabella School

Keglin

Hi there,

As we are coming over early April to validate our visas we thought it might be a plan to visit some schools. One we would like to visit is bcc. We need to start booking accommodation but need to tie it in with school holidays. Was wondering if anyone knows when they break up for Easter Hols. There website only has the2011 dates.

Thanks

Keglin

Break up Friday 13 April 2012 and go back Monday 30 April 2012 for the second term

Thanks Cramer

I see you are from pmb my hubby is a born and bred howick chap

Keglin

Hi

We signed in this Christmas and were even lucky enough to have some interviews. We may be in Canberra by February. One of the schools we are interested in is Brindabella. Please can you let me know your thoughts on it and also the suburb it is in - is it a decent area to live?

Many thanks

I don't have any experience with the school as both my boys go to public schools. Iaminact and apollo I think have got their kids in there.

Keglin there are quite a few of us here from Natal.

I presume you're referring to Brindabella Christian College in Lyneham ?

I used to work full time at the ice rink / swimming pool in Phillip - and many schools in the ACT / NSW would use the facility for their carnivals, fun days as well as for weekly PE lessons - ice hockey, broomball, figure skating etc.

Where am I going with this ? I saw first hand how some schools are so disorganised, how rude and foul mouthed some students can be, and it was always the same schools that caused trouble. ie we had to get in the cops, had to get in the ambo etc.

Brindabella wasnt one of them.

Thank you Lyn. Any feedback is useful and certainly your comment does assist me.

Thank you

Hi

We signed in this Christmas and were even lucky enough to have some interviews. We may be in Canberra by February. One of the schools we are interested in is Brindabella. Please can you let me know your thoughts on it and also the suburb it is in - is it a decent area to live?

Many thanks

Hello Macarat

We could not happier with the school, it is really lovely. As it is an independent school you do not have to live in the area of the school. The School is in Lyneham (said line-ham) there are some very nice but expensive suburbs near the school but if you choose BCC, you can live anywhere that is convenient

Regards

T

Thank you IaminACT - How practical is it to live in the South of Canberra with the school in Lineham. Is traffic imopssible?

Thank you IaminACT - How practical is it to live in the South of Canberra with the school in Lineham. Is traffic imopssible?

:lol::lol::D:lol::lol:

Traffic. In Canberra. Bwaaahaaaa! It just doesn't exist as the rest of the world knows traffic. You're going to love it here!

:lol::lol::D:lol::lol:

Traffic. In Canberra. Bwaaahaaaa! It just doesn't exist as the rest of the world knows traffic. You're going to love it here!

Now that sounds brilliant!

Archived