Dishwasher In Canberra

Stephen Marais

Hi All,

Our furniture is being packed up on the 5th of Jan and I am having 2nd thoughts about taking the dishwasher along. I have noted that many houses advertised come with a dishwasher. Is it worthwhile bringing my dishwashr from SA.

Thank you

Stephen Marais

Yes all the rentals come with dishwashers, or the 300 I saw when looking did. Some people have brought there own. Dishwashers are quite cheap here like most appliances.

Ours didn't but it is a 2 bed flat and most of the flats we saw did not. However most people do expect to have a dishwasher included and by the sounds of it it would be unusual not to get one in a house.

Even if a rental came without a dishwasher, you probably wouldn't be able to use yours as there'd be no space in the kitchen to put it. You'd have to hook it up to a hose in the garden! :) You can't just go taking cupboards out and installing a dishwasher in a rental. Just look for a rental with a dishwasher - the majority do have. All the apartments I looked at here in Canberra also had a dishwasher. And as Cramer has mentioned, all the houses he looked at. I think chances are that you'll find a rental with one.

The other issue with bringing it with and not using it, is that you then have to store it. I have friends who moved over and, after 2 rentals and now in their first home; have still not unpacked all the boxes of stuff they brought over from SA - that's 4 years later!

Our furniture is being packed up on the 5th of Jan and I am having 2nd thoughts about taking the dishwasher along. I have noted that many houses advertised come with a dishwasher. Is it worthwhile bringing my dishwashr from SA.

Thanks for all the input

It is much appreciated

Stephen

If you can fit it in bring it .... My rental did not have a dishwasher and I have used mine ... it is almost 8 years old and survied the trip.... We are building a new house and will be getting a new one .... so we will dump it (about $10) or sell it .... or give it away .... If you have room bring it ....

Hey T,

Just keep us in mind, should our rental not have a dishwasher we would buy yours.

T

• 2 months later...

We had the space in the container so brought it over. Our rental did have a dishwasher but ours washed and dried everything much better. We got permission from the rental agency and switched the dishwashers over. We just had to but the old one of theirs back when we left.

Now we have bought a house that has a beautiful dishwasher,so ours now sits in the garage!!

Oh well we got another 2 years out of it :)

Archived