Looking For Accommodation

oppad2011

We are flying to Adelaide end of January/first week of February to Adelaide. We are looking for a place for 2 to 4 days while we are looking for a house to rent. My son must start yr 11 there and we have no idea about the suburbs in the South.

Just my 2c (plus I live in Sydney, so might be different in Adelaide), but even if you see your dream house on the first day looking AND they pick you AND the house is available immediately, the paperwork and checking of references still take days (if not weeks). Better to book holiday accommodation, for at least 2-3 weeks, from RSA, so you dont give yourself stroke and/or wind up without a place to stay. Many going to Adelaide stay at a carivan/ holiday park there. Search for this on the forum. Bear in mind that you will possibly be competing with holiday makers for accommodation.

It took us 2 weeks of active looking to find a suitable rental. It was not easy at all! It's best to book for a bit longer just to give yourself enough time :)

I spoke to someone in the caravan industry; apparently all caravan parks will rent you a chalet or a van for a few days. they recommend Big 4 who have many parks around Oz.

It is probably cheaper than a hotel, and there's one close to Adelaide. (I cycle past it and it looks fine).

http://www.big4.com.au/

• 1 month later...

Thanks to you all!

Great to know there are people who cares

Archived