Hallo Future Melbournians

Scholtze

Hi there,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I think I will be spending lots of time on this forum in the next year. We received our permanent residency in Feb this year (after waiting for over 2 years) and we will be making the move end of next year. We have experience with immigration already, but won't bore you with the details. It's me, hubby and 2 1/2 year old boy and another bub on the way :D Not looking forward to have to fork out additional money for the new bub's residency visa, but it's gotta be done.

We are looking at moving to Point Cook area, so would love to hear from other families with young kiddies, of course with the potential of making good friends :ilikeit:

We have visited Melbourne twice and have checked out different areas and loved Point Cook as there are loads of young families and of course very affordable.

Hope to hear from you all, especially regarding daycares in the area (I have visited a few while we were there, but any personal experiences would be great).

Ciao for now.

D.

Hi Rookie

We have been in Australia for just over 15 months now - on the Gold Coast - but are moving to Melbourne on 12 Jan 2012 !! So keep in touch

Hi guys,

Also planning our move to Melbourne :ilikeit: :ilikeit:

See the thread below about Point Cook. Also the area we are considering :)

http://www.saaustralia.org/index.php/topic/34833-living-in-point-cook-melbourne/page__pid__300109#entry300109

Good luck and like Jurgs said...Keep in touch

A

Thank you for the link A, would be nice to keep in touch, I'm sure you'll see posts pop up by me in the next year :)

End of next year sounds long way away, but with a new bub on the way and planning the whole move, I'm sure it's going to fly by! Can't wait.

Do you guys have kids A and Jurgs?

Come January you guys will see LOADS of posts from me ;). Decided to just relax rest of December and make a few big decisions.

We have 2 little ones. 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy.

So much to do!!

A

Good luck A! But I'm sure everything will fall into place. Let us know how you get on and I agree, put your feet up over December.

D.

Scholtze,

Yes we have kids - 2 boys aged 7 & 10.

They are loving it in Australia and looking forward to the move to Melbourne. We are moving to a small town named Berwick - 40 mins train drive SE of Melbs. Many South Africans there who are very friendly.

Archived