Child Support Needed For New Migrants To Perth Nor

maraida

Dearest South African community,

I was wondering if there are any Perth SA Mums out there might be able to help me out.

We are in the process of moving to Perth and we will be settling in Carramar - NOR

On the 12 Jan 2012 I will be returning to Perth along with my son. It will be the Australian school holidays. We are both newbies to Perth and the last thing that I want to do is to leave him at one of the day care centers on his first day here.

Our very dear friends have kindly offer to look after him from 17-20 Jan and 24-27 Jan but only in the afternoon as they work in the morning.

Are there any caring Mums on the saaustralian forum, ideally in Carramar, that would be willing to volunteer some time to take care of him in the morning during that time?

Please PM me if you can help or even if you have any really great ideas of what I could do with him.

Many thanks in advance

How old is your son? Could you not take some time off and help him get settled in first - then enroll him in proper day care? I'll be very cautious entrusting my child to someone on the internet... Whether you leave your child with a registered facility or a stranger, it would be an adjustment either way so why not just go with daycare?

I have to agree with Riekie, there is as certain amount of risk involved and it is also a huge responasability to ask someone to take care of your child.

You are better off putting him in daycare or fly your Mom out from South Africa to help you out if you cannot take leave.

Hi Maraida

My initial reaction to this request was horror that anyone would entrust their child to a complete stranger they contacted over the internet. But I'm sure that it has more to do with naivete and the bewilderment that comes with moving to a strange land full of foreigners.

Although you have to register on this forum in order to post topics and comments, you do not have to register in order to read the forum. Please consider the following scenario.... A dodgy character (let's call him "Perve") does a google search on people needing private child care. The google search brings up your post. Perve starts salivating and signs up as a forum member using a false name and an anonymous hotmail address calling himself Cathy (originally from Claremont in Cape Town now living in Carramar since 2008). You correspond, build up some virtual trust and "Cathy" agrees to help. She tells you she will be getting the house ready on the morning of the pickup and will get her husband to fetch your kid.....

PLEASE be careful of inviting strangers into your life like this - especially when it involves them getting directly involved with your children.

This is an open (public) forum where none of us even use our real names. PLEASE, PLEASE rethink this request and make an alternative arrangement. I'm assuming you need to work from the first day you arrive? Employers are very family orientated in Australia and will completely understand if you ask for a few days before starting work to get settled. If this is absolutely out of the question and the only alternative is to put your kid into care, a registered childcare facility would be the safest option for you and your child.

Good luck with the move!

Mrs Mupes

I could not have said it any better. Cyberspace is a sick world, however innocently it presents itself...

Archived